PDA

View Full Version : can you buy GPA helmet padding?

ExtraInnings
Nov. 30, 2009, 01:17 PM
Does anyone know if/where you can purchase the padding inserts for a GPA?

I was sad that my nice new GPA was too small for me, so I took some of the padding out. After wearing it for a few months, it is now too big, and of course I cannot find where I put said padding.

Any ideas?

gg4918
Nov. 30, 2009, 02:19 PM
I just went to Bevals and told them the issue and they just went into the back and got me some extra padding for the helmet. It was easy and quick. I dont know if youll have to show proof of purchase or whatever if you go to Bevals, but I'm such a frequent customer that they just remembered me and were more than happy to accommodate.

Tha Ridge
Nov. 30, 2009, 11:12 PM
A friend of mine used multiple layers of moleskin padding to adjust the fit on her GPA. Might be useful as a last resort.

Madeline
Dec. 1, 2009, 08:16 AM
A friend of mine used multiple layers of moleskin padding to adjust the fit on her GPA. Might be useful as a last resort.

You might want to check with GPA on the advisability of this. Helmets are engineered pretty carefully, and I would be loath to add a lot ( or a little) "after market" padding...

Tha Ridge
Dec. 1, 2009, 10:26 AM
You might want to check with GPA on the advisability of this. Helmets are engineered pretty carefully, and I would be loath to add a lot ( or a little) "after market" padding...

How did I know that you were going to chime in? As I said, it wasn't my helmet - and I really doubt that a few 1/4" strips (if that) of moleskin padding are going to alter the protective features of a helmet by all that much.