PDA

View Full Version : Figure 8 Bridle

OneWish
Nov. 30, 2009, 10:49 AM
Im having the hardest time deciding what figure 8 bridle I want, any suggestions? What do you guys use and love? Any experience with Vespucci, Prestige, others? Thanks for any input!! :D Help me make up my mind :lol:

Sudi's Girl
Nov. 30, 2009, 11:13 AM
Depends on how much $ you wanna spend. :)

Personally, I have a HARD to fit horse, so I ended up going through JustBridles.com and got the Pessoa figure 8 as I need pony, cob & horse parts (and it was the only one with all 3). But, I was really pleased with the quality- and for the price, I couldn't be happier!

I've heard rave reviews about the Vespucci though - so if that one works for you, I'd say go for it! :)

tidy rabbit
Nov. 30, 2009, 11:18 AM
I have a vespucci figure 8 bridle and I really like it. The single padded crown piece seems to really be comfortable for the horses.

The one thing I would suggest is that you get the dark colored one and not the red-ish colored one as it doesn't seem to darken, at all. :(

scubed
Nov. 30, 2009, 11:28 AM
I don't love the Vespucci (and I have 2). My personal favorites are the Bobby's english tack and the Kieffer Carmen

wsmoak
Nov. 30, 2009, 11:37 AM
Nunn Finer, (though I only have the noseband, not the entire bridle.)

They offer both a sliding figure 8 and one with rings.

purplnurpl
Nov. 30, 2009, 12:27 PM
here is one of the Nunn Finer figure 8 bridles.

http://www.legacytack.com/pc/11434/BRIDLE/Nunn+Finer+Figure+8+Bridle.html

Audrey also carries the Vespucci bridles.
here is the cheaper of the two:
http://www.legacytack.com/pc/11019/BRIDLE/Vespucci+Square+Raised+Figure+8+Bridle.html

they come without reins though.

also, check your PMs.

bornfreenowexpensive
Nov. 30, 2009, 01:31 PM
I don't love the Vespucci (and I have 2).

I have to agree..I have two as well. I love the design...love the look of the buckles...not at all impressed with the quality of the leather.

I'm drooling over a CWD one....but not ready to cough up the money.

tidy rabbit
Nov. 30, 2009, 01:39 PM
And there in lies the rub, right? 225 bucks for a bridle doesn't get you great quality leather, but mine has held up really well for all the use it's gotten and I'd consider it 225 bucks well spent.

Sure I have fancier, nicer, bridles but they were also considerably more expensive.

OneWish
Nov. 30, 2009, 01:44 PM
Bornfree- Same I love the CWD one and it matches my saddle perfectly. However that is the problem I just spent so much on my saddle, spending another 500+ is a little excessive. I would buy it in a second if the reins were included!

BTW Im looking to spend around 400, if that helps narrow it down some.

Has anyone tried the prestige bridle? It looks really nice, I like the padding and the color. Here is a link to it http://www.vtosaddlery.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=VTO&Product_Code=PRF8B&Category_Code= (and its 20% off right now at VTO!)

As for the nunn finer bridles and chance they come in a lighter color, like Tabacco?

bornfreenowexpensive
Nov. 30, 2009, 02:27 PM
I've not see the Prestige but would suspect that it is nice.

I've see a few Devoucoux figure 8 bridles that were very nice as well.

But still love that CWD one...

purplnurpl
Nov. 30, 2009, 02:30 PM
Bornfree- Same I love the CWD one and it matches my saddle perfectly. However that is the problem I just spent so much on my saddle, spending another 500+ is a little excessive. I would buy it in a second if the reins were included!

BTW Im looking to spend around 400, if that helps narrow it down some.

Has anyone tried the prestige bridle? It looks really nice, I like the padding and the color. Here is a link to it http://www.vtosaddlery.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=VTO&Product_Code=PRF8B&Category_Code= (and its 20% off right now at VTO!)

As for the nunn finer bridles and chance they come in a lighter color, like Tabacco?

The Prestige LOOKS nice but I bet you'll find it to be a bit bulky..? That is what I gather from the pic. The fuzzy nose piece looks pretty big-as does the rest of the bridle's fittings.

I just called and Nunn Finer only comes in Black and Havana. sorry. : (

tidy rabbit
Nov. 30, 2009, 02:35 PM
I've see a few Devoucoux figure 8 bridles that were very nice as well.

I saw some last year at their booth at one of the KHP shows and I have to say I fell in love with their bridles. Very very nice.

HER
Nov. 30, 2009, 03:31 PM
I have two Vespuccis, one full size and one cob. They both fit my average size TB head. I love them! I have found good deals on eBay, and also found the reins on eBay for about $65. I like the dark brown color best too- I agree that the lighter one doesn't darken. They are the most expensive bridles I've owned, so I've never checked out the Devoucoux or the CWD, which is probably a good thing for my wallet! Mine have held up well so far, I do need to get a little stitching fixed on the nose of the figure 8 but it still works fine. The leather has stayed in great condition.

ohhthatgirl
Nov. 30, 2009, 04:16 PM
I've had my Vespucci for several years and love it. Its still looking great; all I do is wipe it down a couple times a week.

pday09
Nov. 30, 2009, 04:45 PM
Another vote for the Nunn Finer. It's a win. :-)

WNT
Nov. 30, 2009, 05:19 PM
Nunn Finer comes in havana and black. Another vote here, too. Have one of each and I love them!

KBG Eventer
Nov. 30, 2009, 06:05 PM
I have a horse sized Vespucci, and I really like it. The crown piece is cool, and the bridle seems lightweight and comfortable for the horse. The leather still looks brand new after a year. It fits my horse okay but sometimes it looks a bit funky to me. He has a pretty big head IMO, but it seems like for the bridle to look better his head would need to be longer length wise. Anyway, I like the Vespucci, but if I ever get another figure eight I think I might try to find one with the sliding attachment instead of a ring.

FLeckenAwesome
Nov. 30, 2009, 06:25 PM
I LOVE my vespucci!! But I agree... the darker brown color is much nicer than the lighter one which barely darkened. I've also found they run a bit large too... Fleck's head is an oversize in most stuff, but the full size vespucci fits him. I think the leather is divine, but it's also the most expensive bridle I've ever had.

I do like the buckles better than the hooks, which seems to be all I could find on the prestiges.

Also, I have a FSS bridle in figure 8 I bought from ebay and the buckle on the figure 8 parts sits right on his lip. Drives me crazy!!! Which is why I love the vespuccis' so much! It sits properly on his head :)

RegentLion
Nov. 30, 2009, 06:27 PM
I got a Pessoa with my new horse (came with him). It is older but seems to have held up well--the mono crown version. I love the reins!

I'm planning to get another one as this one is a little old and the horse really COULD use a Cob size (not a horse size)... can't decide between a new Pessoa or the Nunn Finer. Really like the interchangeable disc idea!

texang73
Dec. 1, 2009, 10:51 AM
I have a vespucci figure 8 bridle and I really like it. The single padded crown piece seems to really be comfortable for the horses.

I have one in black and love it!

sisu27
Dec. 1, 2009, 10:58 AM
I have one in black and love it!

Me too except I don't love it. It's ok. I bought it because it fit well (lumpy headed thbd) and it did not have a giant sheepskin poof on the nose. The leather quality is not awesome.

bornfreenowexpensive
Dec. 1, 2009, 11:31 AM
I think the leather is divine, but it's also the most expensive bridle I've ever had.

I think that might be the key difference between those that LOVE the Vespucci and those of us who are just OK on them.....it is kind of like really good shoes. Once you have had top of the line shoes...you know what really nice leather is and it is HARD to be really happy with less.

The Vespucci looks good and it is nice for its price...but it really isn't top leather. If it was...we would be paying a whole lot more for it.;)

faluut42
Dec. 2, 2009, 12:08 AM
I love my vespucci but it isnt the american versio, its from over seas. Mine has square buckles instead of the round ones which i like a lot better. The quality of leather is great, i have been using it for years and has held up great under hard use. I school in it and show in it still. it isnt FANSTASTIC leather but i always get compliments on it. I also can't stand crappy leather but i love this bridle.

the only thing i dont like is that it runs big. If you have a horse that wears a full buy the cob. I know of a few people thatr have had to return them because the bridle ran big (luckily i learned from their mistakes and ordered the right size the firs time :))

eevents11
Dec. 2, 2009, 07:09 PM
I have a nunn finer figure 8 bridle awesome leather, holds up well, all around just love it.