PDA

View Full Version : Yep, another trailer question...Anyone use a Shadow Trailer?

Whitfield Farm Hanoverians
Nov. 29, 2009, 07:23 PM
I want any information, good or bad. Let me know how your's has held up.

MunchkinsMom
Nov. 29, 2009, 11:15 PM
I bought a Shadow Stablemate 3 horse straight load bp with dressing room last year, and I really like it. However, it is a bit narrower than my old trailer, and I'm thinking of contacting the factory/dealer to find out if they make a thinner butt bar, as it sort of sticks out in the way and the horses bump into it on their way in and out. That is the only thing. I also had them install some "D" things inside so I could clip in corner feeders.

Heart's Journey
Nov. 30, 2009, 04:20 PM
I have an '03 2H GN LQ and am very happy with it. Shadow's are made in Fla (where I live) and are very popular here as they are a well made trailer that is reasonably priced. They're not top of the line, but are a good value.

I especially like the insulated roof in the horse area, divider door latches, door locks, and the hinges are the same ones used on Hart trailers which are excellent trailers. I had it pressure cleaned outside and inside the horse area and rear tack last year. It looked brand new! I had people asking me if I'd bought a new trailer. It sure cleaned up good.

to compare pricing on Shadow trailers go to www.horsetrailerworld.com then do a search on trailers for sale to get a good price comparison

Do a search on google for horse trailer parts and it might be easier to order a thiner butt bar through that and cheaper.