PDA

View Full Version : Ok so my tall boots have really stretched out..

DG1214
Nov. 29, 2009, 09:43 AM
I have the Ariat Monoco tall boots and when I first got them, they fit like a glove. I have big feet and long, slender calfs so I've always had a difficult time buying tall boots. I bought them about 9 months ago and since then, the calf has stretched out a lot.

There is a shoe repair shop near my house. Would I be risking too much if I took my boots there. I am trying to avoid buying a new pair of boots and I really hope that won't be my only option!!

birdsong
Nov. 29, 2009, 09:48 AM
I have the Ariat Monoco tall boots and when I first got them, they fit like a glove. I have big feet and long, slender calfs so I've always had a difficult time buying tall boots. I bought them about 9 months ago and since then, the calf has stretched out a lot.

There is a shoe repair shop near my house. Would I be risking too much if I took my boots there. I am trying to avoid buying a new pair of boots and I really hope that won't be my only option!!

You could just send them to me...:lol:

GGsuperpony
Nov. 29, 2009, 10:24 AM
It's pretty easy to take in tall boots with zippers, but with such expensive boots, I'd use someone who is familiar with riding boots. (I had a pair butchered once by the "cheap" shoe guy. Oops!) But basically they just remove a narrow strip of leather, hem it again, and stitch it back to the zipper.

There is someone in Wellington who accepts mailed-in repair orders. I think his name is Jimmy or something like that? Jimmy's or Bobby's Shoe Repair? Someone who knows the actual name please respond since I cannot remember...

DG1214
Dec. 2, 2009, 07:03 PM
i did some research- would it happen to be Woody's Shoe Repair?
http://www.woodyswellington.com/index.html

shoponee70
Dec. 3, 2009, 09:40 AM
why dont you call ariat? I think they warranty there products for like a year. esp. if you havent worn them that much. THey are usually pretty good about backing up there products..
on a side note. when my tall boots ( not monaco's ) streched out too much, i accidentally shrunk them by leaving them in my tackroom in the horse trailer.. where evidently the sauna atmosphere managed to shrink the boots up .. lol.. not sure it was very good for the leather though.

chawley
Dec. 3, 2009, 12:24 PM
Do you have a local tack shop (or trainer) you trust that might be able to recommend someone that has experience working on riding boots?