PDA

View Full Version : Barns near Newport, RI / SE Mass

heartinrye
Nov. 28, 2009, 05:55 PM
Hi, I tried a search, but was unsuccessful.

I'm looking for a nice, safe barn within 30 minutes of the zip code 02809 (Bristol). The only thing I *must* have is 8+ hours of turnout/day and a place to park a trailer (possibly), but the turnout is a must.

Doesn't necessarily need to be a H/J barn, but one with considerate people, and a place that might have a few jumps I could put out for practice. (And put away of course).

There doesn't need to be a trainer on-site, just a nice place where I could ride outdoors in the summer.
Thanks!

heartinrye
Nov. 29, 2009, 04:06 PM
anyone???

Celeritas
Nov. 29, 2009, 04:53 PM
Not sure about the turnout but...

Sandy Point in Portsmouth
Pilot Point in Chepachet (might be more than 30 miles)
Journey's Haven in Rehoboth, MA
Phoenix Rising in North Smithfield (again, might be more than 30 miles)
Heritage in E. Greenwich
Journey's End in Scituate
Paramount in N. Kingstown

Those are the main places I know about, I'm sure there's a lot of other smaller places that might suit. Check out Equinesite.com

Oh and whatever you do, RUN from Tower Hill, or whatever it may be called these days. There's a thread on Equinesite if you want some insight.

Pologirl4720
Nov. 29, 2009, 06:33 PM
Glen Farm fits in with all of your specifications. Its super relaxed, under new managers, has all day turnout on grass or dirt. Miles of trails, 3 outdoors, medium size indoor with decent (not great) footing. Small horse shows occasionally, easy access to jumps. GlenFarmStables.com is the website but it hasnt been updated really since it was put up. Its an interesting place with lots history and pretty nice people. I like riding there, been there for ten years.

LookinSouth
Nov. 29, 2009, 06:44 PM
you'll be more likely to get a broader range of responses if you post on the BB at equinesite.com under the MA and RI sections.

M. Owen
Nov. 29, 2009, 06:54 PM
I board at a farm in SE MA that would suit your needs, but would probably be on the outside edge of your driving range. It is called Blue Ride Show Stables in N. Attleboro MA, just over the RI border.

I was at a show recently at Heritage Eq Center and was impressed. They had lovely turnout and it was a well kept facility. I would recommend you give that one a look.

heartinrye
Nov. 29, 2009, 11:19 PM
Thanks guys! Keep it coming.

Definitely checking out equinesite.com- can't believe i've never heard of it!

Pologirl- is TT still running the place? If he's not, I'll def check it out- thanks!

Pologirl4720
Nov. 30, 2009, 07:30 PM
actually ya TT is still running it, and doing a good job. The town is doing major construction on it right now, thanks to TT. None of the other ppl who ran it were able to get anything done. I understand he has a bad rep but the facility is amazing enough to make up for his bad rep.

touchstone-
Dec. 1, 2009, 06:14 PM
Maybe Two Rivers Farm in Westport? It's a nice facility and I don't think you need to be in full training to fit into their program.

heartinrye
Dec. 1, 2009, 06:32 PM
Maybe Two Rivers Farm in Westport? It's a nice facility and I don't think you need to be in full training to fit into their program.

That place is gorgeous! Although they seem to have limited turnout :( too bad!

ClassAction
Dec. 1, 2009, 06:40 PM
I ride at Flatlands Equestrian in Rehoboth. It's an eventing barn but a really great place. Competitive but laid back!

heartinrye
Dec. 1, 2009, 07:11 PM
I ride at Flatlands Equestrian in Rehoboth. It's an eventing barn but a really great place. Competitive but laid back!

Lots of turnout??