PDA

View Full Version : question re washing the horse trailer.

marta
Nov. 28, 2009, 08:37 AM
i have to admit i have not washed my trailer since i got which has been about 4 or 5 years ago. :o
in my defense, it looks really well, except for the inside of the door where there is evidence of manure.

but i'm determined to hit the car wash this weekend. question - do you lift the rubber mats when you wash the trailer? if so, do you then leave them out until the floor dries? is there anything else that i could/should do when the mats are out to either help preserve the floor or the mats?

thanks!

JanWeber
Nov. 28, 2009, 09:23 AM
Marta, if you go to the self-service car wash on Rt 12, bring a broom and dustpan with you. Last time I washed mine, I blasted so much crap out of there that it clogged the drain... I bring my trailer with mats, take them out and was them, leave them out while I wash the interior, and put them back in for the ride home. I take them out when I get home to allow the floor to dry thoroughly before I put them back in.

Lady Counselor
Nov. 28, 2009, 11:06 AM
^^ Good advice. Also, be aware that some car wash owners will get snarky if they see you there with a horse trailer. If you can, sweep out the inside before you go, there'll be that much less crud.
Otherwise, just wash it like you would a car. I do mine about once a year, twice if I use it more (exterior that is) I hose out the inside everytime I use it, mostly so I don't have anything sitting and that it's clean if I have transported anyone elses' horses.

marta
Nov. 28, 2009, 11:10 AM
that's exactly where i'm heading :)

glad to hear that you had no problem fitting a horse trailer in there.

thanks!