PDA

View Full Version : RIP Nipntuck (3/1974-11/27/2009)

Nipntuck
Nov. 28, 2009, 01:07 AM
35 years old. We evented extensively at training level during the '80's and completed one preliminary horse trial (Little River in Southern Pines) with no jump faults. She wasn't fancy, but she was fun and a great jumper. A grand old dame. She came in a bit colicy this evening and the vet found her gut displaced, so it was time to cross the rainbow bridge. I knew the day would come, but it still is painful and I and my kids will miss her very much.

lovemyoldguy
Nov. 28, 2009, 01:23 AM
I am so very sorry. I lost my 35-yr-old gelding in January and I know how you feel. Your girl was very blessed to have you as her person. Big (((hugs))) to you and your kids tonight.

BasqueMom
Nov. 28, 2009, 01:44 AM
Am so sorry...may she have a swift journey across the Bridge. And hugs to you!

Tamara in TN
Nov. 28, 2009, 08:26 AM
I knew the day would come, but it still is painful and I and my kids will miss her very much.

What a good long run she had !! I'm glad she had you :) Don't be too sad,she's lived three horse life times just in her one.Keeping that thought in my mind helps me when my old ones pass on when the time comes.

best

mroades
Nov. 28, 2009, 08:31 AM
Sounds like she had a great life, and a cared for and swift passing. She was lucky to have you, and you lucky to have her.

Tazzie
Nov. 28, 2009, 08:35 AM
I'm sorry for your loss, but what a great long life she lived!

eventgroupie2
Nov. 28, 2009, 09:01 AM
Hugs from VA. No matter how long we have them, it is never long enough. How wonderful for her to spend it with caring people who loved her.

JohnDeere
Nov. 28, 2009, 09:03 AM
Sounds like she had a great life, and a cared for and swift passing. She was lucky to have you, and you lucky to have her.

What more could I add?

Hugs to everyone. Its hard to let them go.

Zu Zu
Nov. 28, 2009, 09:29 AM
So very sorry for your loss. RIP Nipntuck. Thoughts and prayers for you and your famlies ~ human and barn during this most difficult time.

grinanride
Nov. 28, 2009, 10:40 AM
God Speed to Nipntuck - a great life lived
Risa@HappyTrails

Nipntuck
Nov. 28, 2009, 11:43 AM
Thank you for all the kind words. She did live a good and long life. We just buried her and we were all there. The backhoe driver was also a horse person and very kind and careful.

foggybok
Nov. 28, 2009, 03:31 PM
Wow, what a life! A good long life to be celebrated! I am so sorry for your loss! To lose a partner like that is always so tough. RIP Nipntuck

shea'smom
Nov. 28, 2009, 03:54 PM
I know what it is like to lose the one horse that you use for your screenname. I lost my Shea at 26 to colic. Special horses. I remember him every time I see his name.
Godspeed.

Ebvann
Nov. 28, 2009, 07:14 PM
I am so sorry, my time is coming, mine's 37 and his son 35, just about every day I think it wont be much longer. They have been with me over half my life, they are like my first children and like you, you know its coming and while you know you and they have been blessed to have such a long run but it still doesnt make it any easier. Godspeed to your Nipntuck.

2DogsFarm
Nov. 28, 2009, 07:33 PM
RIP Nipntuck - what a fine life you had together!

MunchkinsMom
Nov. 29, 2009, 06:19 PM
I'm sorry for your loss, it is never easy. Living to 35 is a testiment to both the horse and your loving care.

War Admiral
Nov. 29, 2009, 06:23 PM
So sorry for your loss. Godspeed, brave mare!