View Full Version : When eventers invade dressage shows...

Nov. 27, 2009, 07:14 PM
Our local Pony Club held their annual dressage show last weekend and they offered musical freestyles as a class this year.

My friend and I, who are both rather involved with the pony club because our friends are their supervisors and all the kids know us, decided we needed to put together a pas de deux as the closing number of the show.

She's going through a nasty divorce, and my parents are going through the same- so we titled our duet "Better Off" and picked some... ahem... "chick music" and went to town. We were only able to run it twice before, so it was a little glitchy, but we had a GREAT time and all the pony clubbers thought it was hilarious.

AND... because we're obnoxious and the show ended with us... we closed with a victory gallop!

(Don't worry, the judge came over and specifically thanked us for giving the day such an enjoyable ending!)

(ETA: I'm on the bay! My one-eyed-wonder horse, Arizona!)

Nov. 28, 2009, 09:06 AM
Great job! Makes me think there should be a way to put musical pas-de-deux in regular eventing.

Nov. 28, 2009, 05:05 PM
LOL That was awesome!

Nov. 28, 2009, 06:31 PM
That was cool, like some of those unique moves! Something I've always wanted to try but don't think I have enough imagination, and durn sure couldn't remember all of it!!

Nov. 28, 2009, 06:41 PM

Nov. 28, 2009, 10:10 PM
In case you can't see their full decoration in the video:

(Yes, we both had blond wigs on with braided pig tails and lots of ribbon...)

And our pony-fan-clubbers who wanted to walk our horses out for us:

Nov. 29, 2009, 12:14 AM
Great video! And the pics were super too!

Ever hear anything from the potential Prince Charming?