PDA

View Full Version : grand prix coat ?

Greg
Nov. 27, 2009, 04:47 PM
Does anyone know if a Grand Prix size 10 or 12 slim in ladies could swing a size 16 in childrens? I ask because I can wear a kids 16 in the "real" world, and I just saw a childrens size 16 Grand Prix online, really cheap, and I love it. There are no returns though.

Groundwork
Nov. 27, 2009, 06:05 PM
Generally the ladies coats will have more room in the chest and hip area and a slimer fit in the waist. The childrens coat, while it may fit may be too boxy for a petite person, while a teenage girl doesn't always fit into the ladies sizes because there is too much room in the hip and chest.
hope that helps,
you can always have something tailored!

Always pondering~~

ponymama
Nov. 27, 2009, 07:12 PM
The biggest difference we've found is that the GP child sizes are shaped with small darts at the chest, but basically a straight cut. The adult sizes have a princess seam which allows for extra fabric in the chest and less in the waist. Makes for a more hourglass figure. You can certainly have a child size altered, but you can't really change it to a princess seam, so if you're naturally an hourglass shape, you'll probably not get it to an ideal shape.

lemonpoppy
Nov. 28, 2009, 04:35 AM
I think a size 16 kids jacket will be quite snug in the shoulder / chest area if you wear a 12 in women's grand prix sizing.

I know this from experience. And unfortunately, it's impossible for a tailor to change a shoulder :(