PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone excerise BEFORE going to work?

Huntertwo
Nov. 27, 2009, 01:31 PM
Since hitting the late 40's I've been packing on a few pounds.:(

I work at a stable (start at 7:00 AM)
finish there at noon and then go ride my own horse.

By the time I get home and take care of my own pets, I too darn exhausted to go walking.

I've convinced hubby to get up at 4:30 with me and go walking before work.

Does anyone exercise before work?

Does it make you feel more energized or more tired when you get to work?

Thanks...:)

Jolie_
Nov. 27, 2009, 01:55 PM
On days that I did not do P90X the night before then I do my workout before going to work. But that being said I get up at 5:45 workout til 7am, so not the 4:30am you have to do.

Does it make me feel more energized? Not really, more awake yes.

heatherny2
Nov. 27, 2009, 02:21 PM
I do!! and I love it! I feel more awake and energized for the whole day, plus it gets the workout out of the way so I don't have to stress about trying to fit it in after work. I get up with my oldest son and hubby at 5:30 am, they leave for work and school around 6:00, then I head to the gym. I'm home by 7:30 to get my other son up and get ready for work. I have been slacking the past month and not wanting to get out of bed, but it's back to the regular workouts again next week.

Go Fish
Nov. 27, 2009, 02:23 PM
Jeez...you're not getting enough exercise already? :lol:

4:30 a.m. is the middle of the night for me.

Sport
Nov. 27, 2009, 02:25 PM
I try to twice a week. I get up at 5:30, go to gym and then on to work for 8:00. I also go after work once or twice a week.

I like the morning workouts more, I find I am more awake and aware when I get to work.

MommaMare
Nov. 27, 2009, 02:48 PM
Yep. Up by 5, 45 min. commute to work, run 7-8 miles pre-dawn, and a quick clean-up and change before starting work at 7am. Only time I can fit it in (and running outside is just barely in my budget - can't afford a gym!).

glfprncs
Nov. 27, 2009, 03:01 PM
When I was doing P90X doubles, I did my first workout at 4:30 a.m. I enjoyed the way I felt the rest of the day that I started walking my dogs at 4:30 on the days I didn't workout. I've found that I also burn more calories during the rest of the day when I workout first thing on an empty stomach.