PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Decorations- what do you do? Pictures?

4Martini
Nov. 27, 2009, 11:50 AM
We usually visit relatives for Christmas- but with a baby on the way we are staying home this year. We also have relatives coming to see the baby. So I'd like to decorate a bit. I'd love some ideas- what do you do to decorate for Christmas- please share pictures!

Voldemare
Nov. 27, 2009, 12:06 PM
After years of collecting Christmas stuff I'm at the point where I'm scaling back and keeping it simple. Fresh wreaths are great, even if it's just a simple green wreath with or without a nice bow. Pick a holiday color that complements your decor ~ my house looks best with darker reds & gold.
Nice candles and potpourri are inexpensive and make the house smell warm and inviting.
I bought high quality faux garlands pre-strung with white lights to put on the bannister (I have a long curving staircase and hallway that overlooks the main part of the house) and that gives a beautiful glow. A bit of work to put up, but I'm always so pleased at the result.
Think greenery, lights, warmth, good smells.

Just don't overdo ~ remember, you have to take down all the stuff after Christmas and you'll have a new baby. How exciting! My oldest daughter was born on Nov. 30 and that first Christmas was so special. And now here she is turning 18 ! Good luck to you ~ and for goodness sakes, get the epidural.

Kneigh
Nov. 27, 2009, 02:58 PM
Just a few potted poinsettias w/ pretty wrapping paper around their pots, like you see in grocery or drug stores, can quickly help bring holiday cheer into a room.