PDA

View Full Version : Dressage trainers NJ

horsewithdrawal1
Nov. 27, 2009, 11:41 AM
So I have two horses that really need a dressage tune-up this winter while trainer is gone!! One is my low level jumper, we aren't going to put the jumps up until his flat work is better. He is a thoroughbred and it's hard to get him to accept contact and work through his back and neck.
My second horse is a very very green and young TB/Hanoverian that is still learning the basics. I want her to make up into a nice horse, so I think I good dressage foundation will be the key.
I would like to ship out to a trainer who will be around this winter, that is not far from the border of Hunterdon/Somerset counties. I would like them to do the riding. Must be capable of training a green bean!! And price does matter, so around $50 a training ride would be most desired. Thanks!

fatorangehorse
Nov. 27, 2009, 12:21 PM
I think your expectations do not fit the price tag. I would be concerned that most people that fit that price range are not validated professionals.

piaffequeen
Nov. 27, 2009, 04:04 PM
I would try Sara Schmitt out of Hawk Hollow Farm in Readington. She is an S judge and has competed & trained horses up to the Grand Prix level including a TB-that I think went up to Intermediare or Prix St Georges so she has the experience with TB's. Super trainer! would still be training with her if I wasn't down in NC! She did event in her younger years. PM me if you want her phone number or google her.:winkgrin:

JanWeber
Nov. 27, 2009, 05:29 PM
Your best bet might be training board - most pros costs are less if the horse is in-house and they don't have to schedule the ride separately. PM me if you want suggestions.

horsewithdrawal1
Nov. 27, 2009, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the responses! I shipped out to a local eventing trainer/rider who was amazing and fit my budget ($50). Unfortunately she's probably going to be in SC for most of the winter. I would be willing to spend more, just not come as often.
PiaffeQueen- Thanks or the advice. She is in my area and I will definitely look into her!
Janweber- Unfortunately training board is not an option! Way too much $!

PnkPanthr
Nov. 27, 2009, 08:58 PM
Kathy Adams
wonderful dressage and event trainer in Medford NJ
I work with her and she has done wonders with my horse
http://www.youtube.com/user/PnkPantherxEventr#p/a/u/0/PiNoEGE-RrE
theres a video of my horse and I. if u wait long enough through the video, there is video work of me riding him on the flat and over fences. that way you can see what she has done for me
this was last year
609-654-8183

JAGold
Nov. 28, 2009, 12:19 AM
I can second Kathy Adams. I rode with her several years ago when I was living in NJ. She does a great job, and her familiarity with eventing and event horses (in addition to "straight dressage") is a bonus.

PnkPanthr
Nov. 28, 2009, 10:15 PM
I can second Kathy Adams. I rode with her several years ago when I was living in NJ. She does a great job, and her familiarity with eventing and event horses (in addition to "straight dressage") is a bonus.

I have ridden with her for probably around 9 years now. I love her!:)