PDA

View Full Version : ROBERT FREELS

OAK
Nov. 27, 2009, 10:38 AM
Sad news. We have lost another main stay off the horse world. Bob passed away this past week. All our thoughts and prayers to his family. He trained many great show horses, was the manager of the USET when they went to Europe and here back in the 50's.

fatorangehorse
Nov. 27, 2009, 11:22 AM
He was a brilliant horseman and a class act.

MHW
Nov. 27, 2009, 11:52 AM
He will be missed by all of us especially the Golf Nuts he was a great golfer and was always fun and a great pleasure to play with.

Groundwork
Nov. 27, 2009, 12:57 PM
There is something to be said for having been not only a wonderful horseman but to also have the ability to teach others so that we may carry on his legacy. I know that each time a new one comes up through the ranks and preforms at a top level he will be there. He will be at every cavaletti, every first oxer and every frist class. He will be there in his golf cart with his straw hat and his pipe, he will be there with a kind word and a good joke! Now we he be able to see them all and we can know that we are all better horsepeople because we new him.

Cindeye
Nov. 27, 2009, 01:43 PM
RIP Bob. You will be sorely missed.

OAK
Nov. 28, 2009, 09:02 AM
Bob was married to Jeri Freels, got a divorce and then married Buddy Brown's mother Patty.

freckles
Nov. 28, 2009, 05:10 PM
So sorry to hear of the passing of another great horseman. So very few left.

ColoredHares
Dec. 1, 2009, 08:16 PM
So sad. It was because of his teaching my mother in the 50's and my hearing about how great he was that I even started riding. Truly a class act and a true horseman.