PDA

View Full Version : Feel Like I am Meese-ing Something...

Miss Motivation
Nov. 27, 2009, 12:06 AM
Sorry to be dim, but can someone help me with the origins of the meese threads? Is this just for fun, with a nod to the natural meese-man-ship movement?

Ya'll are providing me with wonderful snorts and giggles to go with my turkey high.

But has the meese thing been going on a long time- or am I just noticing it?

Foxtrot's
Nov. 27, 2009, 12:42 AM
It is an annual Thanksgiving rite - they (south of the border) think it funny to make fun of us (north of the border) and stereotype us something wicked. We, however, are broad shouldered being hewers of wood and haulers of water, and quite like ourselves the way we are. We have specialized items that they (south of the border) would die for, that includes Timmies, meese, maple sugar, igloos and all the rest that their fertile minds can make up.

They also have a satirical comedian called Stephen Colber(t) who we think must be French Canadian since he does not pronounce the "t" in his name. His viewers support the speed skating team and he is dead worried they will get beat at OUR Olympics, so he stoops to call us "syrup sucking ice holes". The mayor has sent him a pink toque and invited him up here to watch his team get beat.

So, in a bowl of poutine, you have it. Just call me a syrup sucking icehole -
Cheers and happy Thanksgiving. (We had ours a month ago!)

Gingersmommy
Nov. 27, 2009, 08:33 AM
Well said Fox Trot's - but you neglected to mention Smarties and real beer in your list of specialized items "Only in Canada". How be we drink Colbert under the table while we beat his team??

Bluey
Nov. 27, 2009, 08:55 AM
The secret weapon we have against the canadian invasion is that, once their troops of meese, ridden by Tim Hortons, get too far South, their brains start to melt.:winkgrin:
I worry the day they engineer air conditioned brains.:eek:

Then, their meese will definitly win every competition they enter, because not too many of our horses will be able to jump as well, they lack the natural scope and style meese have.
Look at those folded legs::cool:

http://www.google.com/images?q=tbn:3jh2_NgnRtE3MM::rapidcityjournal.com/blogs/outdoors/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/jumper.jpg&h=68&w=169&usg=__PPAs0dblEFohu4PFpMHlIWyNOxk=

Ted the Peep 'Ho
Nov. 27, 2009, 10:35 AM
It is worse than that. Canadians sent us Celine Dion and Alanis Morissette. For this they must be punished.

I can beat a moose any day! Sure, they can chase me, but I can run fast and hide!

sk_pacer
Nov. 27, 2009, 11:22 AM
It is worse than that. Canadians sent us Celine Dion and Alanis Morissette. For this they must be punished.

We ARE being punished - you guys took the GOOD performers too like Dan Akroyd, Donald Sutherland, his son Keifer, Jim Carrey, Charles Keating (daytime actor), Irene Salemka (soprano) and dozens of others. Therefore you get to keep Celine and Alanis and we'll throw in Neil Young too

Long Spot
Nov. 27, 2009, 11:42 AM
and we'll throw in Neil Young too

Oh no! Anything but that. Name your price and it's yours if you'll just keep claiming Neil.

Miss Motivation
Nov. 27, 2009, 12:26 PM
Thanks all, clear as mud now!

(I don't watch TV, so miss some of these cultural references, but know the forum will set me straight. And make me laugh.)

HelloAgain
Nov. 27, 2009, 01:09 PM
Since no one has actually explained the origins I will. :)

The so-called "Canadian Invasion" occurs every year during the Thanksgiving Off-Topic Day. During the hours when most Americans are eating Thanksgiving dinner, the wily Canucks seize their chance to fill the board with hilarious and peculiar posts referencing their home and native land.

The practice of Moose-keeping and discussion various forms of Moosemanship began during the Canadian Invasion a couple of years ago.

Bluey
Nov. 27, 2009, 01:37 PM
The sad part of the invasion is that, when the chips are down, meese end up winning by a nose.:eek:
We don't have a chance then.:no:

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Nov. 27, 2009, 01:44 PM
Does someone have a link to Mat Morelli Natural Meesemanship? Absolutely brilliant.

Bluey
Nov. 27, 2009, 02:02 PM
Does someone have a link to Mat Morelli Natural Meesemanship? Absolutely brilliant.

http://www.freewebs.com/truenorthmeese/naturalmoosemanship.htm