PDA

View Full Version : Lost one of my kitties today :(

Sudi's Girl
Nov. 26, 2009, 09:34 PM
So...yeah...Lost of one my kitties today. And Very unexpectedly too. One of my best friends, who is a vet tech, seems to think that it was heart related or possibly a stroke (although either are strange seeing as she was only 3 :cry:).

Whatever happened to her happened within 3 minutes or so though, so at least she wasn't in pain long. :(
This morning she was happy and playful (she had even made it into some Thanksgiving pics I posted on facebook), and this evening she is gone. So hard to comprehend!

Still thankful to have had her though - even if only for a short while.

shea'smom
Nov. 26, 2009, 09:40 PM
Aw, so heart breaking. Hugs to you.

HorsesinHaiti
Nov. 26, 2009, 09:40 PM
((((((((hhhuuugggsss)))))))) ouch.

BasqueMom
Nov. 26, 2009, 11:24 PM
More hugs.....so sorry!

RoyalTRider
Nov. 26, 2009, 11:43 PM
HUGE hugs to you. :cry:

MunchkinsMom
Nov. 27, 2009, 12:40 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. Especially one with a young cat and unexpected like that.

JoZ
Nov. 27, 2009, 01:41 AM
I'm so sorry. I would sure want to know what happened in case there's anything (illness, poison, whatever) that might affect my other kitties. Big hugs to you and them... :cry:

Rubyfree
Nov. 27, 2009, 02:46 AM
So, so sorry. We put down our favorite cat last week after a long illness. In May, my elderly dog walked out of her crate one morning and dropped dead on the floor. While the shock of the latter was considerably more traumatizing for me than the former, I'll take the quick way again any day. When they see fit to leave us so quickly, their last moments are happy ones. That was comforting to me. I hope you can find solace in that small blessing as well.

*Hugs.*

Sudi's Girl
Nov. 27, 2009, 07:22 AM
Thank you all!! I am so very glad her suffering was short! The life that she did live was indeed VERY happy, so I can be happy about that! :) So hard to watch an animal suffer!

Thank you all again!

ctanner
Nov. 27, 2009, 07:38 AM
So sorry for your loss.

strawberry roan
Nov. 27, 2009, 07:43 AM
I am so sorry. (((hugs)))

BoysNightOut
Nov. 27, 2009, 07:57 AM
So sorry for your loss. :(

Zu Zu
Nov. 27, 2009, 09:24 AM
So very sorry for your loss ~ RIP sweet kitten ~ and know you were loved. Thoughts and prayers for all who knew and loved her.

carp
Nov. 27, 2009, 09:55 AM
I'm so sorry for you. I lost my Maine Coon cat that way. He was happily chowing down and playing at dinner time--dead 8 hours later. I always knew something was NQR with his cardiovascular system; he would play until he was gasping to a degree I've never seen in another cat. My vet told me it was no big deal and that he'd grow out of it. Later I learned that Maine Coons have an exceptionally high incidence of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, but the mutation is found in other cats as well.

SarahandSam
Nov. 27, 2009, 11:22 AM
I'm so sorry... I lost a cat to HCM and it was such a shock--healthy cat one moment, gone the next. It's such an awful feeling... my sympathy to you. ):