PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Brown?

fatorangehorse
Nov. 26, 2009, 07:50 PM
Has anyone clinic'ed with him recently? What was good about it, what was bad?

Also was he in the Valliere scandal? I remember Barney Ward, but could remember re: Buddy. It was so long ago . . .

lauriep
Nov. 27, 2009, 09:17 AM
Buddy is a fabulous person, rider and trainer. He rode with the best, and is personable and funny. He would make an excellent clinician, IMO.

findeight
Nov. 27, 2009, 09:36 AM
Don't recall his name directly associated with PV.

He is quite good and has an excellent reputation.

Lucassb
Nov. 27, 2009, 09:47 AM
I would jump at the chance to clinic with Buddy. He is one of the greats.

fatorangehorse
Nov. 27, 2009, 10:20 AM
I will have to drive a long way to the clinic. Sounds worth it! I'm in!

mroades
Nov. 27, 2009, 12:14 PM
And for the record...it was his long ago EX wife who was involved in the horse killings

Clarence
Nov. 27, 2009, 12:36 PM
So, where is he now? And where is this clinic?

Cindeye
Nov. 27, 2009, 12:42 PM
Buddy trains out of Livermore, CA and will be moving to Stanford University's Red Barn on January 1.

Clinic schedule is posted at www.derbyhillfarm.com (http://www.derbyhillfarm.com) and on Facebook page Derby Hill.

chunky munky
Nov. 27, 2009, 12:55 PM
Buddy did work for Paul, but so did many other people. I don't think that is reason for any condemnation.

MEADOWLARK
Nov. 27, 2009, 02:35 PM
Loved my clinic with Buddy. It was one of the best if not the best one I ever did. Take the drive you won't be sorry.

fatorangehorse
Nov. 27, 2009, 08:19 PM
Thanks everyone. I'm definitely going to attend. can someone who has cliniced with him give me an idea of how he flows over the weekend. Does it start with flatwork? gymnastics? Are there certain pet peeves he has? Or things he focuses on? Anything you can offer would help me get the most out of it. Thank you.

Void
Nov. 28, 2009, 04:13 PM
Thanks everyone. I'm definitely going to attend. can someone who has cliniced with him give me an idea of how he flows over the weekend. Does it start with flatwork? gymnastics? Are there certain pet peeves he has? Or things he focuses on? Anything you can offer would help me get the most out of it. Thank you.

Buddy teaches at Diamond Hills and from what I've seen just dress conservatively and pay attention. He's a really nice guy.

Alterrain
Nov. 28, 2009, 05:52 PM
Buddy is super nice, and won't yell a la GM :)

Be prepared to focus a lot on HOW your horse is moving, not just WHERE. He works a lot on how your anatomy and position/ balance inpact that of your horse. I took a clinic with him a while ago and STILL remember his words every time I make a short turn. He showed me how to really get my guys inside hind leg to push off into the turn, and how my pelvic bones directly impact that push. Sounds complicated, but makes for much speedier turns ! lol

Love Buddy! you will have so much fun!

Ridesrealfast
Nov. 28, 2009, 06:25 PM
I used to work for customers (way back when) who used Buddy as their rider. Soooo much fun. I learned so much from him. I was also fortunate to be able to flat some before he got on - always positive tips delivered in an easy direct manner. If he clinics like that then you will learn a lot. The horses love him, too. Glad to hear that he is doing well.:cool:

Haalter
Nov. 28, 2009, 09:35 PM
Buddy did work for Paul, but so did many other people. I don't think that is reason for any condemnation.
Ditto this...and he rode the hunters just as well as he rode the jumpers, for which he is better known. Buddy is an excellent rider, and a wonderful teacher. You will not be disappointed.

feather river
Nov. 29, 2009, 06:34 PM
Has anyone clinic'ed with him recently? What was good about it, what was bad?

Also was he in the Valliere scandal? I remember Barney Ward, but could remember re: Buddy. It was so long ago . . .

His wife owned the horse that Tommy Burns broke the leg on that started this whole scandal. [edit]

fatorangehorse
Nov. 29, 2009, 10:17 PM
Sorry - i did not mean to drag Buddy's name through the mud. I honestly just didn't remember. Was most interested in clinic experiences.

feather river
Nov. 29, 2009, 10:22 PM
If you knew Donna, you'd know that she was perfectly capable of orchestrating this deal herself without any input from Buddy. Not that it matters, but saying this "started the whole scandal" is a little inaccurate...I'd say more like "ended this whole scandal", or "started bringing this scandal into the public eye".
[quote]

As I said, and you proved my point exactly, the public gives poor Buddy a pass--big bad Donna Brown.:yes:

fatorangehorse
Nov. 29, 2009, 10:56 PM
I CERTAINLY did not mean to drag Donna's name through the mud either. Please no more in this vein. You can go to the other thread that's out there on this topic if you feel the need to accuse or defend any of the above. . .

Thanks again for the responses related to what to expect. etc. Would not mind more if you have experiences to share.

feather river
Nov. 30, 2009, 12:27 AM
I CERTAINLY did not mean to drag Donna's name through the mud either. Please no more in this vein. You can go to the other thread that's out there on this topic if you feel the need to accuse or defend any of the above. . .

We can look back up through this thread. You were the one who asked if he was in the Valliere scandal. I just responded with some facts about Donna and the scandal you asked about. So don't be chasing me off by telling me to go to "the other thread that's out there on this topic if you feel the need to accuse or defend any of the above..." just because I responded with some info about a question you raised. I never felt any need--don't ask questions if you don't want anyone to respond.:eek:

Moderator 1
Nov. 30, 2009, 08:06 AM
Please refrain from making criminal accusations or innuendo unless an individual has been charged/convicted, per board policy.

Thanks,
Mod 1

fatorangehorse
Nov. 30, 2009, 08:26 AM
Feather River,

I apologized in a previous post. I did not word the opening post well. I was really asking if he had been convicted of anything - something that would be public record - not speculation. Again, I apologize. My fault. did not mean to offend.