PDA

View Full Version : When Jr grows out of a size 86, then what?

tidy rabbit
Nov. 26, 2009, 04:35 PM
When Jr grows out of a size 86, then what?

Are there places that make even bigger blankets? Or is Jr doomed to wear clothes that are too small for the rest of his life?

chrissymack
Nov. 26, 2009, 04:55 PM
EOUS makes fantastic blankets up to size 93 I believe; you have a long way to go yet!! ;)

tidy rabbit
Nov. 26, 2009, 05:14 PM
What is this EOUS? How do I find them? :confused:

hellerkm
Nov. 26, 2009, 05:18 PM
So just how big IS JR???? 86 sounds HUGE to me LOL

tidy rabbit
Nov. 26, 2009, 05:23 PM
I put a weight tape on him yesterday and the ends barely touch. So if the tape is right that puts him at around 1750 pounds. I find that hard to believe but he's a big dude, so maybe it is right?

Invite
Nov. 26, 2009, 05:33 PM
Miss Priss is in the size 87 Rambos and they are just fitting. I believe Rambo is making a WB line that goes up to size 90something.

Schneiders make "Big Fella" blankets. A friend of mine bought a Big Fella T/O and her only complaint was a very large neck hole. It hung down too low on her guy's chest, so she rigged something up to make the neck hole smaller.

Kahuna
Nov. 26, 2009, 06:01 PM
When Jr grows out of a size 86, then what?

Are there places that make even bigger blankets? Or is Jr doomed to wear clothes that are too small for the rest of his life?
Heidi - try National Tent and Awning.:lol:

rugbygirl
Nov. 26, 2009, 06:11 PM
pegasusequineproducts.com

Best blankets ever. I just ordered another 3 from them. I was introduced to them when the last horse I bought came with his custom, embroidered blanket. It is AWESOME.

Measuring is easy and they are fast. Colours you want with lots of trim options.

Once you get into odd sizes, you're almost always paying full price for stuff (at least from what I've seen). These guys at Pegasus aren't really more expensive than Weatherbeeta or Rambo...but you get exactly what you want.

I swear, I'm not a rep. :winkgrin: Also, bonus if you're American, your dollar buys more :)

Arab/WBGirl
Nov. 26, 2009, 06:14 PM
No help for finding larger size blankets, but am curious as to just what breed Junior is? Oh, and can you post a picture? I love love love big ol' horses. Don't have one, and don't one for myself really, but surely to have a soft spot for 'em.
Dawn

Grataan
Nov. 26, 2009, 06:26 PM
Heh. My friend has this problem with her 4 year old. He's currently wearing a 92. I think the biggest they make is like a 96? But I know you can certainly order bigger.

tidy rabbit
Nov. 26, 2009, 06:39 PM
No help for finding larger size blankets, but am curious as to just what breed Junior is? Oh, and can you post a picture?

This is him... 17.2 hands right now and getting bigger every day it seems. He's 4 and had to have a custom edgewood bridle made to fit his big old knoggin. He's sweet as can be.

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/2306002200048495570rQQRVR

Courtney.... you make me laugh!!! Miss ya!

Dressage.For.Life.
Nov. 26, 2009, 06:55 PM
Haha I think you'll be ok unless he needs over an 100" blanket (http://cgi.ebay.com/Ultimate-100-draft-horse-waterproof-turnout-blanket_W0QQitemZ250304415344QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH _DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a474e4670) at some point!

tidy rabbit
Nov. 26, 2009, 07:05 PM
Haha I think you'll be ok unless he needs over an 100" blanket (http://cgi.ebay.com/Ultimate-100-draft-horse-waterproof-turnout-blanket_W0QQitemZ250304415344QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH _DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a474e4670) at some point!

What a relief to know there's BIG blankets out there! That's freeking HUGE!

Dressage.For.Life.
Nov. 26, 2009, 07:11 PM
Yeah! And the horse in the pictures is only wearing the 90"! :eek:

Bravestrom
Nov. 26, 2009, 08:33 PM
I have a 17.2hh 2 1/2 yr old swedish warmblood cross - he is currently outgrowing his 84 blanket - luckily we have a couple 90 blankets on site - but I will going draft for him I think.

here are some pics:

http://www.hotelfun4kids.com/images/horses/STROM/bravestrom-16-08-09-6.jpg

http://www.hotelfun4kids.com/images/horses/STROM/bravestrom-16-08-09-2.jpg

feetofclay1678
Nov. 26, 2009, 08:37 PM
This is him... 17.2 hands right now and getting bigger every day it seems. He's 4 and had to have a custom edgewood bridle made to fit his big old knoggin. He's sweet as can be.

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/2306002200048495570rQQRVR

Courtney.... you make me laugh!!! Miss ya!

Wow, he's very attractive! What is he and is he for sale;)

Showjumper28
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:28 PM
My monster is wearing an 87" now, and he has been out of work. What will I do when he muscles up? Haha

Rambo makes an XL line that is made for broader horses. They recommend you order a size down, but I think an 87" would fit your guy.

Good luck!

Tha Ridge
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:30 PM
Which horse of yours is this? Can I see pictures of this giant? I just can't image an 86! :lol:

allybox
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:47 PM
Wow so handsome! Being 6' tall I always appreciate the big ones

My big guy is 17.2 (hanoverian) but luckily fits nicely into an 84" which makes blanket shopping much easier for me! I've always found the rambos fit him the best.

perpetual_novice
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:52 PM
Junior is certainly a handsome boy.

Schneider's Big Fella blankets should fit him. You could also try Brubacher's Harness as they make blankets up to 100 inches. They are Canadian but they ship. http://www.brubachersharness.ca/index1.html

PNWjumper
Nov. 27, 2009, 12:53 AM
You shouldn't concern yourself with such things, TR, since you won't have him for much longer. I mean, you're hauling him to me soon, right? I'm still up for trading my pony.....

:D

Bluehorsesjp
Nov. 27, 2009, 04:11 PM
TR he is gorgeous.

You can always try a Chaskit, http://www.chaskit.com/
They are custom made and not super expensive. At one point the girl that owned the company was in my area, so everyone had them. The strap system is different, but effective and they last a long long time. They do seem heavier than Rambos though.
My other suggestion would be Champion blankets http://stores.championhorseblankets.com/StoreFront.bok
I can't vouch for the blankets longevity as i just bought my first one o ebay, but it does seem to be a good quality blanket.

AKB
Nov. 27, 2009, 10:07 PM
You might see if a different fit of blanket is what he needs rather than a bigger size. Rambo XL 84s fit our boys really well, but the regular Rambo blankets are too small for them.

spmoonie
Nov. 27, 2009, 10:12 PM
Heidi - try National Tent and Awning.:lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

BeastieSlave
Nov. 28, 2009, 11:57 AM
I'm so glad to see this thread! I just bought a 'new' wool sheet on eBay for my baby. He's 2 1/2 and it's 84" (really is - I measured). It fits him perfectly now.... I see some visits to the Big & Tall store in our future! :lol: It's nice to know his grownup wardrobe won't have to be all custom.

Coreene
Nov. 28, 2009, 01:15 PM
Oliver wears an 87, and I got the best winter blanket (still new in packaging) on eBay a few years ago for $20! He blasted out of Willem's 84s after some good nutrition when first purchased resulted in growing like mad. Caveat re Schneiders, do check the thread on Of Course about 'em.

Nickelodian
Nov. 28, 2009, 09:06 PM
Wow TR, you must be REALLY tall. He's definitely a cutie. My guy is just under 17.2 but fits nicely into regular sized blankets. He also has a "head." Only problem is that I'm only 5'2. eeeek.

chrissymack
Nov. 29, 2009, 04:55 PM
www.equisupplies.com

Send me a PM if you like any of them- there are some great blankets on closeout right now! :yes:

MiMuneca
Nov. 29, 2009, 05:12 PM
Have you thought of custom made by the Amish? I have a friend who has one, and it's stood up for years. I can get you some names if you want.

jumpingpercheron
Nov. 29, 2009, 05:45 PM
Back off PNW! ;)
Jr is coming to Hawaii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I called him like over a year ago!

Tidy, I'd try Big Fella too, they're wider and roomier for the bigger ones. If you're not sure about the weight tape at 1750, have you tried the weight math formula? You know there's an app for that LOL, it's called Equicalc on iPhone. You just put in their girth and length and it does the math for you :)

BTW, I watched some of your recent YouTube vids with Aero...:o
Just wow. You guys look AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tidy rabbit
Nov. 29, 2009, 06:03 PM
Thanks JP. Forget Jr coming to Hawaii, I'll come in his place thank you very much!!!

Winter is coming any minute and I, for one, could just skip it!

Thanks for the comment on Aero, he's really coming along and is such a sweet boy!

I love the name "Big Fella" LOL. I'll have to give them a try as his ass is hanging out the back end of his current turn out rug.

Invite
Nov. 29, 2009, 08:04 PM
I just ordered an EOUS turnout sheet in an 87 for the Tankette. Classicsaddlery.com has EOUS stuff on clearance. My T/O was only $80. Supposedly they fit similarly to Rambos, so I got her the 87 rather then going up to a 90. I had to squeeze her into an 84 the other day so I could wash her filthy 87. The poor Tankette had the surcingles adjusted to maximum capacity, her not so dainty cheeks were hanging out, and she looked like she was weaing a Victoria's Secret torture device up front. The size 84 Rambo she was squeezed into actually fit her better then an 86 I had in another brand.