PDA

View Full Version : Do you have problems with your meese's dewlap?

ME-AND-CISCO
Nov. 26, 2009, 03:09 PM
I don't know if you have the same problem, but I notice that my meese's dewlap is constantly getting in the way when I am bridling. Is there a trick or suggestion you might have?

;)
M

Keltic Kross
Nov. 26, 2009, 03:31 PM
You need and custom bridle and hire a coach or some pro who can teach you how to properly bridle your meese's - it really is a fine art.
Parelli probably has some sort of Meese carrot stick that could help, lol.

CookiePony
Nov. 26, 2009, 05:11 PM
Take the noseband off the bridle and put it on first. Then just put the headstall on over the noseband. Piece of cake!

DeeThbd
Nov. 26, 2009, 05:29 PM
Actually I just bought a Horton dewlap breastplate combo, but I needed to get the double double size to fit my meese!

Foxtrot's
Nov. 26, 2009, 05:54 PM
Ha, ha. The worst is when it gets caught when jumping a fence, hence the need for the Hortson double double dewlap doo-dad.

Bravestrom
Nov. 26, 2009, 07:22 PM
They have a new method to remove the dewlap - it involves collecting canada geese droppings, creating a paste and leaving it on for at least 2 hours - viola - no more dewlap - my guy was so relieved after the removal that he actually lovingly rubbed is wonchet on my arm.

But you need an expert - sometimes the dewlap grow back and a second application is necessary but that usually does it for good.

Just another option for you.

midnightdream
Nov. 26, 2009, 08:00 PM
Prodomus my vet spoke of this procedure last time he was up but I wasn't sure of it. I currently use the breastplate but will have to get the vet out to do the procedure. I did take me a while to get down the bridling method and required my coach demonstrating a few times.

springer
Nov. 26, 2009, 09:35 PM
well, first I need to find out what a meese is, then I need to find out what a dewlap is. Then I might be able to answer the question

Bluesy
Nov. 26, 2009, 09:53 PM
I have my meese's dewlap surgically removed. That way there is no interference of any kind while I am riding them.

And Pat Parelli is a hack who knows NOTHING about Meese...Now, Mat Morelli, on the other hand, will help you create a bond with your Meese like no other, heck, a level 23 1/2 Mat Morelli trainer could get their meese to tap dance on their antlers. NOW that's what I call moosemanship.

You can order a TimBit(R) stick online somewheres online, but I'll have to find the link.