View Full Version : GPA Backpacks

Nov. 26, 2009, 02:55 PM
My daughter wants one of these for Christmas. Do they exist and where can I find on if they do?

Nov. 26, 2009, 03:07 PM
They do exist, my trainer has one (he's sponsored by GPA) I would like one for Christmas as well!

Nov. 26, 2009, 03:17 PM
Where did he get it or can he tell us where to get one?

Nov. 26, 2009, 03:28 PM
I'd like to see a picture- does anyone have one??

Unless you mean the helmet bags that come with the helmets? They kind of have backpack straps, although I'm not sure it would really be useful for putting anything besides your helmet in.

Nov. 26, 2009, 03:56 PM
I watched a clinic on the weekend and the trainer had a GPA back pack. Other then that I have never seen them before.

Nov. 26, 2009, 04:01 PM
There's two different ones- both of which are on this page (http://www.amirashop.co.uk/acatalog/GPA_Accessories.html).

Nov. 26, 2009, 04:16 PM
I saw them at the Royal....very well planned and they look like they would carry alot. Other than that booth, which was run by GPA direct, or GPA I do not know where one could be located. I expect we will start seeing more GPA stuff soon at tack stores since GPA had a larger presence at the Royal. Ask any tackstore carring the GPA hats if they will look into getting more GPA stuff. The jackets (designed for the jumper ring) were cool, moved with the body with elbows that are designed to stay in place but pretty pricey. Some had buttons and some had zips.

Little Indian
Nov. 26, 2009, 06:12 PM
I have one and love it. It's the very best for traveling! I got mine years ago at a tack shop.

Nov. 26, 2009, 06:30 PM
We can only find the one listed on the page above or at a tack store in NZ. The one above is in England and the cost of shipping is almost as much as the backpack.

Nov. 26, 2009, 08:14 PM
please pm me I have the contact for a GPA rep. :)

Nov. 26, 2009, 09:22 PM
Any tack shop that carries GPA's can get one for you

To My Surprize
Nov. 27, 2009, 12:31 PM
Where go you buy GPA clothing ? I cant seem to fin it anywhere

Nov. 27, 2009, 04:24 PM
Where go you buy GPA clothing ? I cant seem to fin it anywhere

The GPA clothing line is not carried by the same people that carry the helmets, you have to contact the GPA clothing rep separately.

PM me for the contact info for a rep.

Thoroughbred Hunter Lady
Nov. 28, 2009, 04:45 AM
....you will find GPA accessories such as GPA backpacks, GPA boot bags, GPA hat bags, etc. at a great UK online equestrian shopping site named Amira Equi. The web address is as follows: https://www.amirashop.co.uk/index.html and the pricing is incredible! I have been a fan of this shop for some time now, for instance the Pikeur show coats are priced at approximately $160.00 up to about $250.00 which is a lot less than here in the states and the GPA helmets are always 1/2 price. The customer service is great and the shipping is quite reasonable for overseas rates!

Anyway, hope this helps!

Apr. 20, 2011, 11:58 PM
I was just looking at this myself the other day. You can buy them on Dover Saddlery's website!

Apr. 21, 2011, 12:04 AM
Im pretty sure she means this one, and when I saw them in the catalog I immediately wanted one too...

They are so cool looking :-)

Apr. 21, 2011, 01:15 AM
I saw these in Dover too - somehow I just can't see myself using one, but I have a feeling it'll be like how I thought I never needed an iPhone. Once I see other people with them, I'll suddenly realize how cool they are. And then I'll get one and wonder what the heck I ever did without it. And then a horse will run over it... no no, we won't go there.

Apr. 21, 2011, 01:22 AM
Hmm... how dumb would it look to stick my CO in the back of one of those? ;) They're so cool!

Apr. 21, 2011, 02:39 AM
I love my northface. But since it's dying a slow and painful death I might need to look at other options.

Apr. 21, 2011, 07:32 AM
I had one for a while and just a heads up that they aren't waterproof. Not sure if the company claimed they were or not but mine got soaked inside and out from a light drizzle at a show. It also didn't hold up very well for the pice...maybe I just got a bad one but they're expensive for the quality IMO.

I would highly suggest a North Face Recon bag instead. Very waterproof and even have the exterior net that will fit your riding helmet (designed for a bike helmet but works great for my GPA). Plus they last forever! Mine is going on 6 years old and looks brand new besides constant/daily abuse at school, horse shows and traveling.

Apr. 23, 2011, 05:37 PM
ahh, i want one of those soo bad! they sell them at doversaddlery.com for a fairly good price :) they seem so handy!

Apr. 23, 2011, 09:14 PM
Another alternative is the Henry Lloyd backpacks. I got mine from a sailing supply store and it's been great.

Across Sicily
Apr. 24, 2011, 01:51 AM
Ugh, ever since these were posted I've been dying for one to carry all my show crap around. (It has a helmet pouch!!! What's not to love?? And obviously kicks my Random Duffel Bag's butt at organization.)

Anyone know if there's somewhere in Canada that carries these? Dover's cool and all but their shipping prices up here are ridiculous.

Apr. 24, 2011, 10:40 AM
I have one of the Henri Lloyd backpacks as well and love it. It's significantly cheaper than the GPA backpack (well, it was when I got it - don't know about now).

Apr. 24, 2011, 12:48 PM
Well while it looks like a 'nice' backpack.. MY dh just told me about one that is made for the Army. Normal size back pack but wit ha solar charger that you can plug your cell phones , lap tops, tablets, kindles etc into. For 250$. But civilians can not get to the site as it is a 'secure' site. But if you know anyone with an AKO account they can :)