PDA

View Full Version : Facebook-Farmville

HARROLDhasmyheart
Nov. 26, 2009, 01:33 PM
So it seems that everyone is playing farmville on facebook. And I'm sitting here, trying to figure out what the flip is so attractive about the game. Why do you play it? Convince me!

Daydream Believer
Nov. 26, 2009, 01:54 PM
It's funny you say that...I was just asking my husband the same thing. I am on Facebook and it seems like nearly everyone else is fertilizing crops, getting ribbons and doing other silly game tasks on Farmville. I just wonder who in the world has that much free time or what the appeal is? I have a real farmville out there with 40 head of horses and lots of real chores!

Adelita
Nov. 26, 2009, 02:07 PM
My name is Linda, and I'm an addict.

:)

I have no idea what's so fun or exciting, it just IS. Those of you who aren't already my neighbors, my FB name is Linda Peterson Shell. Friend me and be my neighbor!

ponyxjd
Nov. 26, 2009, 03:12 PM
I don't understand the appeal either. Last week when I was studying for exams in my dorm's common room there were two underclassmen who I thought were noisily studying so I didn't ask them to quiet down, and thirty minutes later when I got up to leave I noticed they had been playing farmville the entire time. I told them to leave and go study. :rolleyes:

Event4Life
Nov. 26, 2009, 03:21 PM
If you have time for COTH you have time for Farmville. It really doesn't have to take more than 1/2 an hour a day or less, but obviously can take a lot more time than that. I like it because the animals are cute...yes, pathetic. But there you go. I actually avoided it for a really long time but then I got so many damned requests I finally gave in.

Perfect Pony
Nov. 26, 2009, 03:38 PM
I HATE games, and I am addicted to Farmville. I cannot tell you why....

spacely
Nov. 26, 2009, 03:40 PM
Totally addicted here. Is there a 12 step program?

Erin Pittman
Nov. 26, 2009, 03:45 PM
I wasn't addicted (in fact, was doing my very best to ignore it), but now I'm hooked. Os all my friends, spacely has the biggest farm, so she IS addicted.

MistyBlue
Nov. 26, 2009, 06:06 PM
I joined facebook solely to be able to easily chat with and see photos of various family members not in my area. A neat side bonus was being found by a couple of childhood friends and being able to chat casually with them now and then and see how they're doing.
But the freaking games and quizzes and crap on that site drive me bananas.
Farmville worst of all. Seems a bunch of my close family members are addicts of that game and constantly send alerts about cartoon animals lost on their farm and other such dreck. I get harrassed constantly to become a player...hell I HAVE a farm.
And it doesn't seem to be like a real farm. Nobody ever has bad weather and loses crops, has drainage issues and they're all excited when in a single week they get a new lost puppy, sheep and cow all show up. Come on...real life farming I'd be a little freaked if every week someone dumped a dog, cow and sheep on my farm.
Pissed off a cousin the other day...happily posting about what to do about finding a lost stray duck. I suggested Duck a l'orange. :D Along with directions on how to turn a live duck into a meal...hee hee.
Now *there's* some real farm info she didn't want. :winkgrin:

pony4me
Nov. 26, 2009, 06:10 PM
If you click off to the side, you will see an option for hiding Farmville, Youville, Happy Aquarium, Mafia Wars, etc. Just like you can hide obnoxious "friends" who seem to spend way too much time on FB. I like my friends, and the connectivity that FB gives me, but the games are way too time consuming.

MistyBlue
Nov. 26, 2009, 06:32 PM
thanks pony4me...I'll check that out. I like the actual updates and photos but not all the "constant user because I'm bored" stuff. Takes too long to wade through it all.