PDA

View Full Version : Alltel/Verizon--service issues?

RegentLion
Nov. 26, 2009, 11:15 AM
Since the "merger" have any of you noticed any service issues, such as dropped calls, etc?

In the past few months we've basically gone back in time 3 years... DH and I drop calls now where we haven't in a long time. And now in places where we NEVEr used to drop calls. I'll drop a call and then still have 2 bars. Or will drop a call in the middle of town.

Alltel/Verizon swear that "nothing has changed" but it is clear to us that *something* has. We're considering switching to AT&T (tomorrow actually), but historically Alltel had much better and more reliable coverage in our area.

Anyone know what the situation is with the Alltel/Verizon service?

vineyridge
Nov. 26, 2009, 04:11 PM
Since the "merger" have any of you noticed any service issues, such as dropped calls, etc?

In the past few months we've basically gone back in time 3 years... DH and I drop calls now where we haven't in a long time. And now in places where we NEVEr used to drop calls. I'll drop a call and then still have 2 bars. Or will drop a call in the middle of town.

Alltel/Verizon swear that "nothing has changed" but it is clear to us that *something* has. We're considering switching to AT&T (tomorrow actually), but historically Alltel had much better and more reliable coverage in our area.

Anyone know what the situation is with the Alltel/Verizon service?

Recommendation--
Stay far, far away from AT&T. Since they took over BellSouth, service and billing have gone to the inferno. If you are in a place with Cellular South, they would be a very good alternative.

Oops. Cellular South is nowhere near the Upper Peninsular.

magicteetango
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:49 PM
I work for Verizon. When is the last time you updated your roaming capabilities? *228, option 2. Another thing is... sometimes phones do decline in their ability to get signal over time, although I'd find it unlikely with both of your phones not working.

It wouldn't have changed just because we bought Alltel. They used the same kind of towers we did, so they're interchangeable. But that does not mean that they've not been adjusting towers... try the *228, see how it works, then take your phones to the local Verizon store and explain.

Go Fish
Nov. 26, 2009, 11:34 PM
Nope.

I love my Verizon.