PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having problems with....

To My Surprize
Nov. 26, 2009, 09:59 AM
your meese trying to run out on jumps ? Mine have been brutal this fall.... I have asked my friends to stand beside the jumps and pelt them either with timbits from the sides or temps them on the other side witha large helping of poutine.....though I know that work well to load the on trailers.... ( thought you need a meese approved one for the larger head space...)

:)

Vesper Sparrow
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:09 AM
They need to be forward and straight--so a little more flatwork would be beneficial. With that heavy front end, it can be a little harder for meese... but if you put the work in, they can be very reliable.

To My Surprize
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:10 AM
Excellent I will have to try it. Its definetly hard to lighten that front end... I will work on my flat work with them !

snbess
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:14 AM
Transitions, transitions, transitions! (And maybe you could attach some Canada Geese to the antlers to help with lift over the jump...)

Polydor
Nov. 26, 2009, 12:08 PM
Love the idea of attaching canada geese to the antlers! Do happen to have a few thousand in the fields near by.

Must say the antlers are a nice safety net , although they are pokey, if they slam on the brakes at a fence.

Any tips on keeping the meese IN the pasture and not walking straight through fences??

P.

To My Surprize
Nov. 26, 2009, 12:20 PM
Can you use one of those underground shock collars ? if they try to cross they get a mighty big zap !

HARROLDhasmyheart
Nov. 26, 2009, 01:18 PM
I've had problems with the antlers getting caught on jump standards, or in times of epic struggles and awful jumps, taking down rails. I'm just not sure what else to do at this point!

snbess
Nov. 26, 2009, 09:22 PM
If you attach enough Canada Geese, I guarantee you will not have problems taking down rails...and shouldn't have any problems with the standards either. It's a bit of trial and error, but I have faith you will figure it out!