PDA

View Full Version : Horse Trailer Humor

coymackerel
Nov. 26, 2009, 09:41 AM
Found these on Craigslist today...

#1. "1995 2 horse bumper pull, very good shape, lots of tread on tires, liscense tag has many months left... Bought this for my project horse who is adamant he won't load. Feel free to ask about the horse too."

#2. http://austin.craigslist.org/grd/1443741437.html

BellaLunaBaby
Nov. 26, 2009, 11:56 AM
lol, those are hilarious!!!

MunchkinsMom
Nov. 26, 2009, 03:34 PM
Oh My! Please tell me that #2 was a joke!

katie+tru
Nov. 26, 2009, 08:46 PM
I've seen similar/worse trailers for sale on Craigslist. Are there no laws regarding the body build of horse trailers? It sure doesn't seem like it.

philosoraptor
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:12 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

MunchkinsMom
Nov. 27, 2009, 12:30 AM
I've seen similar/worse trailers for sale on Craigslist. Are there no laws regarding the body build of horse trailers? It sure doesn't seem like it.

I guess not. I know back when my family got our first horse, my dad picked up a stock trailer with wooden sides (this was back in the late 60's) He started to convert it, put a rounded metal front on it (as least the horses had a windbreak that way), but from the rear view mirror it looked like we were towing a beer can. He never did finish it.

They used to also haul the horses in the bed of the pickup with a stock rack - yes, two horses in the bed of a 1/2 ton pickup truck.

Guardian angels were working overtime whenever my dad and his buddy loaded up the horses and went hunting.

dawglover
Nov. 27, 2009, 06:52 AM
Here's one I found yesterday on CL...

needs a tire,needs paint,,,no,no,no title,,,,no title,,,,,its a cheap reliable way to transport 2 grown horses,,,we have used it a lot,,,we moved our horses from bedford last month,,,its a good,reliable trailer,,it only needs cosmetics.......no,,i wont try to get a title,,,i have a bill of sale,,,price is firm,,,if you want a nice,pretty trailer,,,this aint it!!!!!this is for someone to restore or wanna move their anamials but cant afford 5 grand for a pretty trailer and just want something reliable to get the job done....we used it as a flea-market trailer also!!!may trade for farm stuff or atvs or mini bikes or go carts or?????????? tools or stuff 4 my kids e-mail if interested my computerWILL NOT send pics,,,sorry. $400

strawberry roan
Nov. 27, 2009, 10:28 AM
Good one! Thanks for the morning chuckle. :lol::lol:

tempichange
Nov. 28, 2009, 10:57 AM
I've seen some pretty scary ones recently in the Lexington, Ky region.

Nov. 28, 2009, 01:50 PM
#2 Needs a new canvas roof made but might be built stronger and better than it looks.
You would have to have an expert look it over for age related damage to the frame (and if the surge brakes work) but if it passed inspection, replaced the floor, and you only had one horse to haul locally it might be worth the price.

Perhaps I'm nostalgic but my first trailer was one that looked similar and I had a wee of a time rebuilding it under the watchful eye of some antique car buffs. I never did get to haul it with my 1961 metroplitain car but that had been the goal. Even the plates were a set [14(my name)] plate for the car and [14DHORS] for the trailer. The trailer was lent to a relative to move with and I never saw it again.

Foxtrot's
Nov. 28, 2009, 02:44 PM
...canvas roof damaged by meese I expect.