PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin to move to Canada??!!

dilligaff2
Nov. 26, 2009, 08:50 AM
I just heard today that the reason she stepped down a Govenor of Alaska is because she plans to move to British Columbia to take advantage of the free healthcare benefits.

I guess raising a brood like that probably adds up!:yes:

The CBC managed to sneak a picture of her a couple of weeks ago while she was scouting out property.

Keltic Kross
Nov. 26, 2009, 09:49 AM
Where are the Mounties when you need them?!

To My Surprize
Nov. 26, 2009, 09:53 AM
Honestly she probably wants to come to canada as she will get easier access to Timbits for her meese herd....

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:15 AM
Hey - if SHE goes to Canada, then I won't have to! AWESOME!

...can you make her go to the Arctic instead? I like Canada.

FancyFree
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:16 AM
I think she's going to be offered a talk show and move to Los Angeles.

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:18 AM
Well, that's like a separate country...

Woodland
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:18 AM
Now that is funny! :lol::lol::lol:

Here is my favorite Palin Thanksgiving memory!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27841028/

Jolie_
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:19 AM
ummm i love my timbits!

wylde sage
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:20 AM
I second DressageGeek!! OMG, leave Canada alone Sarah!
Leave though, that WOULD be great...just maybe try Russia,
you know the place that you can "see from your window"...

snbess
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:20 AM
This is just our way of saying "thank you" to Canada for giving us Celine Dion.

Jolie_
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:24 AM

lol

Huntertwo
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:25 AM
Nope, you can't have her!

We need more self-made, intelligent, self-reliant, happy, conservative women like her.

Plus, her husband Todd is a hottie!

Sakura
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:26 AM

You do know she never said that... :rolleyes:. Or are you daft enough to get SNL confused with real life :eek: :lol:.

Huntertwo
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:27 AM

Is that sort of like when obama said he visited all 57 states during the campaign? :lol::lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws

Kaleigh007
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:30 AM
OMG don't start with a list of gaffs from the annointed one Huntertwo! We will be here all damn day.

Sakura
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:32 AM
OMG don't start with a list of gaffs from the annointed one Huntertwo! We will be here all damn day.

:yes::lol::lol::lol::yes:

Huntertwo
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:33 AM

Haaaa haaaa - I have alllll day..
Let the party begin!

wylde sage
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:35 AM
I like her "Putin flying around" comment...thought she'd do better there..You like her, YOU keep her!

Huntertwo
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:35 AM

Well, I for one, want to know who programmed that statement into the TelePrompter!

sisu27
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:36 AM

I had been hoping we could have the Quebec Nordiques back in exchange for that old bag....this is sad news and a raw deal for us.

Huntertwo
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:37 AM
You do know she never said that... :rolleyes:. Or are you daft enough to get SNL confused with real life :eek: :lol:.

LOL...These are probably the same people who think that Jon Stewart and the Daily Show is a real news organization..:lol:

wylde sage
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:40 AM
OH! You mean a real news organization like, um, FOX???

Sakura
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:43 AM

Considering FOX is the only organization that doesn't report what the Obama Admin writes for them... :lol::lol::lol:... I'd say you at least get your money's worth there.

Bottoms up... Enjoy your mainstream media kool-aid ;). yum-yum!

wylde sage
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:46 AM
Its all spin, ANYWAY you look at it...Bottoms up to you too!

Huntertwo
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:48 AM

Yes, I mean FOX - The news organization that CRUSHES the other cable news programs in ratings.

I think that speaks volumes for itself.

sisu27
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:49 AM
Yes, I mean FOX - The news organization that CRUSHES the other cable news programs in ratings.

Speaks volumes as to why, like David Bowie, "I'm afraid of Americans".

Or at least those that make up that viewership. Yikes.

mswillie
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:53 AM

SNL didn't have to try too hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXL86v8NoGk

Sakura
Nov. 26, 2009, 11:01 AM
SNL didn't have to try too hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXL86v8NoGk

Well it's true... you can actually walk to Russia during the right time of year... ever hear of the Bering Strait (http://www.russiablog.org/BeringStraitSchillerInstitute.jpg) :rolleyes:.

wylde sage
Nov. 26, 2009, 11:01 AM
Oh beautiful! Like I said, take her if you want her!:lol:

ArthurGuinness
Nov. 26, 2009, 11:02 AM
Considering FOX is the only organization that doesn't report what the Obama Admin writes for them... :lol::lol::lol:... I'd say you at least get your money's worth there.

Fox new is a cult. I also consider them an extremist group! I have never known a newsgroup that told so many lies.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rqdtZlec0s

lcw579
Nov. 26, 2009, 11:05 AM

Hmmmm, and yet Fox DID report, almost verbatim, IIRC, what the Bush administration put out as the "talking points" for the day...... What makes one better than the other?

Polydor
Nov. 26, 2009, 11:09 AM
CLose the borders! Keep her out. Where are the meese when you need something massive to charge at people??

Has anyone dare read her book??

P.

Huntertwo
Nov. 26, 2009, 11:09 AM
Hmmmm, and yet Fox DID report, almost verbatim, IIRC, what the Bush administration put out as the "talking points" for the day...... What makes one better than the other?

Well the fact that obama practically forbid his staff from watching FOX news.. boo hoo

And the fact that he was willing to talk to every other news organization, but (pout) wouldn't grant an interview to FOX news?

Although I do give kudos to the other organizations who refused the interviews unless obama agreed to an interview with FOX.

Sakura
Nov. 26, 2009, 11:12 AM
Fox new is a cult. I also consider them an extremist group! I have never known a newsgroup that told so many lies.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rqdtZlec0s

Hahahaha... Fox is the only channel that is unbiased in its reporting... can't say that for the commentators (that's not their job, they are free to give their opinions), but the news is straight forward. Guess you think Rachel Maddow is unbiased too, lol.

Your right guess you think CBS and Dan Rather running the story on the forged Bush documents was the epitome of integrity.

Kaleigh007
Nov. 26, 2009, 11:15 AM
Sarah Palin's "Going Rogue" book began shipping today via Amazon.com and other outlets -- and has already sold more than 1.5 million copies via Amazon.com and other websites. 300,000 of them being sold the first day and was a best seller a month before it was even released. Save a seal, club a liberal:lol:

Nojacketrequired
Nov. 26, 2009, 11:37 AM
If MS. Palin comes to Canada, she better hope she doesn't break a leg, what with our crappy health care and all....

WASHINGTON — Marg Delahunty has braved the wilds of the American Midwest to come face-to-face with Sarah Palin.

Comedian Mary Walsh’s beloved character button-holed the former Alaska governor at a recent book-signing in Columbus, Ohio, only to be strong-armed away from Palin by a cabal of security guards.

The action was documented on Tuesday night’s “This Hour Has 22 Minutes,” but four days later, Walsh was still marvelling at her close encounter with one of the most controversial politicians on the planet.

“We told her we’re from Canada, and we’re just looking for a few words of encouragement for the Canadian conservatives who have worked so tirelessly to destroy the socialized medicare that we have,” Walsh recalled Tuesday from St. John’s.

“Four huge big burly guys started pushing, and I pushed back, but I got her attention, and she told us to keep the faith, something like that, and said we’re all trying for the same thing.”

After being kicked out of the book-signing, Walsh and her crew then waited outside at a loading dock close to where Palin’s bus was parked. When Palin emerged from the Borders bookstore, Walsh said, Delahunty — dressed in a more toned-down version of her trademark warrior princess costume — called out to her.

“Hey, remember us, we’re the Canadians! We came all the way here from Canada!” Delahunty yelled. “When we asked you that question, we didn’t hear your answer.”

Palin strolled over, looking down on Walsh and her crew to tell them that “Canada needs to dismantle its public health-care system and allow private enterprise to get involved and turn a profit.”

“Basically, she said government should stop doing the work that private enterprise should do,” Walsh said.

In addition to those comments, Walsh said, she found it equally bizarre that no one was allowed to ask Palin any questions at the book-signing.

“It was great fun, but also very strange,” Walsh recalled.

“We’re in a bookstore, at a public event, in a place one would think was a bastion of free speech. And no one was allowed to ask questions. What are they afraid of?”

Keep her. PLEASE.

NJR

mswillie
Nov. 26, 2009, 11:44 AM
Well it's true... you can actually walk to Russia during the right time of year... ever hear of the Bering Strait (http://www.russiablog.org/BeringStraitSchillerInstitute.jpg) :rolleyes:.

Sure I've heard of the Bering Strait. I can also see New Jersey from my hometown in Delaware. I guess that means I'm qualified to run for governor. :rolleyes:

The point wasn't that the statement wasn't true. The point was she thought that her physical proximity to Russia somehow gave her foreign policy experience.

I personally wish she would just take her disingenuous self as well as her dysfunctional family and just fade away.

Kaleigh007
Nov. 26, 2009, 11:50 AM
Well,well, well Mswillie..people in glass houses should NOT throw stones don't ya know???? I'm SURE if someone did some digging into YOUR family there would be a few skeletons found hmmmmm???? I think so!

wylde sage
Nov. 26, 2009, 11:55 AM
I was waiting for the character assaults on individuals...WHY is that? Can't debate without them? YOU BETCHA...

Nojacket required, I LOVE it...but PLEASE take the MS Palin,
and Fox news, and...OH, then you would be US.

JER
Nov. 26, 2009, 12:12 PM
The Mary Walsh (as Marg Delahunty) video is very funny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4DEuRMigtc

It seems that Palin doesn't have a clue how the Canadian health care system works. But she's a good sport anyway.

mswillie
Nov. 26, 2009, 12:29 PM
Well,well, well Mswillie..people in glass houses should NOT throw stones don't ya know???? I'm SURE if someone did some digging into YOUR family there would be a few skeletons found hmmmmm???? I think so!

So we go to personal attacks because I said she has a dysfunctional family? OK, whatever. If it makes you feel a little better about yourself go ahead and attack me.

Bless your heart.

Kaleigh007
Nov. 26, 2009, 01:35 PM
John G. is 63 years old and owns a small business. He's a
life-long Republican and sees his dream of retiring next
year has all but evaporated. With the stock market crashing
and new taxes coming his way, John assumes now that he will
work to his dying day.

John has a granddaughter. Ashley is a recent college grad.
She drives a flashy hybrid car, wears all the latest
fashions, and loves to go out to nightclubs and restaurants.
Ashley campaigned hard for Barack Obama. After the election
she made sure her grandfather (and all other Republican
family members) received a big I told-you-so earful on how
the world is going to be a much better place now that her
party is taking over.

Having lost both roommates, Ashley recently ran short of cash and
cannot pay the rent (again) on her 3 bedroom townhouse. Like
she has done many times in the past, she e-mailed her
grandfather asking for some financial help.

Here is his reply:

Sweetheart,

I received your request for assistance.

Ashley, you know I love you dearly and I 'm sympathetic
to your financial plight. Unfortunately, times have changed.
With the election of President Obama, your grandmother and I
have had to set forth a bold new economic plan of our
own..."The Ashley Economic Empowerment Plan." Let
me explain.
Your grandmother and I are life-long, wage-earning tax
payers. We have lived a comfortable life, as you know, but
we have never had the fancier things like European
vacations, luxury cars, etc. We have worked hard and were
looking forward to retiring soon. But the plan has changed.
Your president is raising our personal and business taxes
significantly. He says it is so he can give our hard earned
money to other people. Do you know what this means, Ashley?
It means less for us, and we must cut back on many business
and personal expenses.
You know the wonderful receptionist who worked in my office
for more than 23 years? The one who always gave you candy
when you came over to visit? I had to let her go last week.
I can't afford to pay her salary and all of the
government mandated taxes that go with having employees.
Your grandmother will now work 4 days a week to answer
phones, take orders and handle the books. We will be closed
on Fridays and will lose even more income to the Wal-Mart.

I'm also very sorry to report that your cousin Frank
will no longer be working summers in the warehouse. I called
him at school this morning. He already knows about it and
he's upset because he will have to give up skydiving and
his yearly trip to Greenland to
survey the polar bears.

That's just the business side of things. Some personal
economic effects of Obama's new taxation policies
include none other than you. You know very well that over
the years your grandmother and I have given you thousands of
dollars in cash, tuition assistance, food, housing,
clothing, gifts, etc., etc. But by your vote, you have
chosen to help others -- not at your expense -- but at our
expense.

If you need money now sweetheart, I recommend you call
202-456-1111. That is the direct phone number for the White
House. You yourself told me how foolish it is to vote
Republican. You said Mr. Obama is going to be the
People's President, and is going to help every American
live a better life. Based on everything you've told me,
along with all the promises we heard during the campaign,
I'm sure Mr. Obama will be happy to transfer some
stimulus money into your bank account. Have him call me for
the account number which I memorized years ago.

Perhaps you can now understand what I've been saying
all my life: those who vote for a president should consider
the impact on the nation as a whole, and not be just
concerned with what they can get for themselves. What Obama
supporters don't seem to realize is all of the money he
is redistributing to illegal aliens and non-taxpaying
Americans (the so-called "less fortunate") comes
from tax-paying families.

Remember how you told me, "Only the richest of the
rich will be affected"? Well guess what, honey?
Because we own a business, your grandmother and I are now
considered to be the richest of the rich. On paper, it might
look that way, but in the real world, we are far from it.

As you said while campaigning for Obama, some people will
have to carry more of the burden so all of America can
prosper You understand what that means, right? It means that
raising taxes on productive people results in them having
less money; less money for everything, including
granddaughters.

I'm sorry, Ashley, but the well has run dry. The free
lunches are over. I have no money to give you now. So,
congratulations on your choice for "change." For
future reference, I encourage you to try and add up the
total value of the gifts and cash you have received from us,
just since you went off to college, and compare it to what
you expect to get from Mr. Obama over the next 4 (or 8)
years. I have not kept track of it, Ashley. It has all truly
been the gift of our hearts.

Remember, we love you dearly....but from now on you'll
need to call the number mentioned above. Your
"savior" has the money we would have given to you.
Just try and get it from him.

Good luck, sweetheart.

Love,
Grandpa

Kaleigh007
Nov. 26, 2009, 01:41 PM
So we go to personal attacks because I said she has a dysfunctional family? OK, whatever. If it makes you feel a little better about yourself go ahead and attack me.

Bless your heart.

Just pointing out the obvious willie...all families have skeleton's or issues not just Palin. The libs are terrified of Palin because she is loaded with common sense of which they woefully lack. Go Sarah and a double bless your heart Willie!

Go Fish
Nov. 26, 2009, 02:05 PM

I think I read somewhere that folks with more moderate to liberal viewpoints spend the course of the day looking at or listening to varying types of news programs. They don't have an allegience to ONE network, like most conservatives do. It affects the numbers.

I know that I listen to about 5 news programs on the radio while in the car and watch probably 5-8 news programs on the tube during the day. I'm a flaming liberal...

Kaleigh007
Nov. 26, 2009, 02:13 PM
and I bet Fox News or any other conservative leaning program is not one of the ones you listen to right?? I watch the Clinton News Network and Katie Couric for giggles and when the real troubling news gets to be too much for one day.

cloudyandcallie
Nov. 26, 2009, 02:27 PM
Op you know she killed that meese right after the picture was taken and put it into her freezer.

I hope she does move to Canada. She's already set women's lib back 50 yrs here in the lower colonies. :eek: One less embarassment for the USA, one more embarassment for Canada. Can you take Fausty too?

msj
Nov. 26, 2009, 02:43 PM
I haven't finished reading all the posts on this but I wouldn't wish her on Middle East countries like Iraq or Iran even....:mad:

I'm a die-hard conservative Republican and I was inches from voting for Obama last year because it really wouldn't have been a vote for him but a vote against her as I adore John McCain. I wanted him to win the Republican Primary back in 2000. :(

But since NY goes Democrat in national elections, I knew my vote for McCain wouldn't count anyway. :(

Susan P
Nov. 26, 2009, 03:15 PM
I'm a Delaware native and left before it turned left. Considering your choice of Delaware governors I'd say Howdy Doodie could be governor there and do a better job. Governors Carper, Minner and Markel are just the bottom of the barrel. Minner was taking her raises while the people who worked for the state couldn't get their cost of living increase and now they have a cut in pay, a hiring freeze except for the higher paid professional types. Oh yeah, nice bunch of governors in Delaware, HA!!!

Go ahead and run for governor in Delaware, they have NOTHING to lose. You've chosen probably the worst of the worst to run the state and now into the ground. It makes me sick, it used to be such a lovely state.

Sure I've heard of the Bering Strait. I can also see New Jersey from my hometown in Delaware. I guess that means I'm qualified to run for governor. :rolleyes:

The point wasn't that the statement wasn't true. The point was she thought that her physical proximity to Russia somehow gave her foreign policy experience.

I personally wish she would just take her disingenuous self as well as her dysfunctional family and just fade away.

greysandbays
Nov. 26, 2009, 03:15 PM
Speaks volumes as to why, like David Bowie, "I'm afraid of Americans".

Or at least those that make up that viewership. Yikes.

I sure hope that snot-nosed little twit isn't related to or descended from the Colonel Bowie who wasn't the least bit scared of anybody, not even the whole army of Santa Ana.

Huntertwo
Nov. 26, 2009, 03:24 PM
I think I read somewhere that folks with more moderate to liberal viewpoints spend the course of the day looking at or listening to varying types of news programs. They don't have an allegience to ONE network, like most conservatives do. It affects the numbers.

I know that I listen to about 5 news programs on the radio while in the car and watch probably 5-8 news programs on the tube during the day. I'm a flaming liberal...

CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, are all on the same liberal page. So possibly yes, moderates/liberals get their news from several different sources, but if they all have the same obama protecting agenda, what is the difference?

OTOH, FOX news is a lone wolf so to speak.

O'Reilly beats ALL those other networks combined in his time spot. :)

Huntertwo
Nov. 26, 2009, 03:31 PM
Just pointing out the obvious willie...all families have skeleton's or issues not just Palin. The libs are terrified of Palin because she is loaded with common sense of which they woefully lack. Go Sarah and a double bless your heart Willie!

Kaleigh,
The libs hate Palin because they are afraid of her.
I think many are jealous of her accomplishments and they feel superior by putting her down.

She is smart, very attractive, (even after having several children), looks happy with her family, in love with her husband, got to where she is on her own and not with cronyism, nor family name.

Oh, and has a multi-million dollar book deal. :)
I'd say they are green with envy....

SpecialEffects
Nov. 26, 2009, 03:32 PM
Just bought her book yesterday but haven't had a chance to even open it yet.... probably this weekend. Just a question... why is Ann Richards embraced for being homey and down to earth and Sarah Palin is looked down on for being a real person with family values?
Hmmmm?

Sakura
Nov. 26, 2009, 03:43 PM

Did you watch Lou Dobbs before he resigned from his multi decade run on CNN... funny how if you question the Obama admin you risk having your life threatened and house shot at... hmmmm.

Sakura
Nov. 26, 2009, 03:45 PM
She's already set women's lib back 50 yrs here in the lower colonies. :eek: One less embarassment for the USA, one more embarassment for Canada. Can you take Fausty too?

Seriously? She is the poster child for feminism... or can only ugly, fat, single liberal women fill that roll? BTW I bet she could spell embarrassment ;)

Go Fish
Nov. 26, 2009, 03:47 PM
Kaleigh,
I think many are jealous of her accomplishments and they feel superior by putting her down.

:lol::lol::lol:

That's the funniest thing I've read on this board in ages!

Sakura
Nov. 26, 2009, 03:52 PM
Kaleigh,

She is smart, very attractive, (even after having several children), looks happy with her family, in love with her husband, got to where she is on her own and not with cronyism, nor family name.

Not to mention she doesn't owe anybody any favors... Many if not most of the crusty good old boys in Washington owe somebody... if they weren't busy paying back IOUs there would be a hell of a lot less pork in the crapola bills they keep passing... Nobody "owns" Palin... that scares the crap out of a lot of people who have their claws in the Washington elite.

Huntertwo
Nov. 26, 2009, 04:33 PM
Seriously? She is the poster child for feminism... or can only ugly, fat, single liberal women fill that roll? BTW I bet she could spell embarrassment ;)

Bingo!!! You forgot to add "miserable".. :lol:

J-Lu
Nov. 26, 2009, 05:01 PM
Kaleigh,

Sooooooo, people who are not impressed with Palin, her views, and the things that come out of her mouth during real, life documented interviews are just envious? Don't you think that is a little, ummmmmmm, simplistic?

BTW, you apparently cannot see Russia from where Palin lives. There is an Alaskan land mass in the way. She sees Alaska from her window, not Russia.

IdahoRider
Nov. 26, 2009, 05:31 PM
Great! You all can have her! I'll even gift warp her for you.
Sheilah

IdahoRider
Nov. 26, 2009, 05:36 PM
We need more self-made, intelligent, self-reliant, happy, conservative women like her.

Well, she is happy. And self-made, and self-reliant and she is absolutely conservative. So I guess 4 out of 5 isn't bad.
Sheilah

Foxtrot's
Nov. 26, 2009, 05:51 PM
We are fairly safe, because even if she knows where we are, she would have to pass an exam to become a citizen, a recently updated and improved exam. Not just any old applicant can get in!!

I wonder if she had her name on "Google Alert" in which case she will certainly see all this. She is a good sport, indeed, and a richer one since becoming a published author.

Her future: I see it as being a rounder upper of support for the Republican party rather than running for office. She can sure get the followers.

ManyDogs
Nov. 26, 2009, 06:00 PM
Well, perhaps she should move to Fireside, BC. When we went through there many years ago, we stopped at a tiny little gas station/conv. store. The wife/owner was the mayor, justice of the peace, postmaster, and local law inforcement. :D
Anyway, being from Alaska, Palmer to be exact (down the road from Wasilla), I bet Sarah could win a reality survival show! Alaskans don't really consider themselves part of the Lower 48. After all, we call it "Outide". :winkgrin:
I think she started off fine but went off the rails somewhat due to the pressure to "conform".
DH and I do wish she would put the "g" on the "ings"....

Trails
Nov. 26, 2009, 06:49 PM
Well, if she is coming to Canada then were sending you Ann Murray. Even if Sarah Palin doesn't show we're still sending you Ann Murray and for that matter the way the Toronto Maple Leafs are playing hockey we're going to send them too. :lol:

wylde sage
Nov. 26, 2009, 07:00 PM
Just a great thread! Thanks for all the laughs! :lol:

Foxtrot's
Nov. 26, 2009, 07:45 PM
Hey - I like Ann Murray and Celine Dion (wht does that say about me?)

Sakura
Nov. 26, 2009, 08:57 PM
Hey - I like Ann Murray and Celine Dion (wht does that say about me?)

I'm just hoping they'll take Tom Green back...

mswillie
Nov. 26, 2009, 08:59 PM

Families may have skeletons or issues (or may not). The fact is however, most people, myself included, aren't running for one of the highest public offices in the world. When you choose to take that on you set yourself up for scrutiny. I know it's a tough concept to understand, but that's the price you pay.

I'm in no way shape or form jealous of Palin. Pretty easy way to dismiss the huge number of people that can't stand her because of who and what she is. About as accurate as me saying Republicans hate Obama because they can't stand the idea of a "N" word in the White house.

mswillie
Nov. 26, 2009, 09:17 PM
Go ahead and run for governor in Delaware, they have NOTHING to lose. You've chosen probably the worst of the worst to run the state and now into the ground. It makes me sick, it used to be such a lovely state.

It's interesting how you assume to know who I've voted for. I really wish more people would leave though. It's far too crowded here anymore.

wylde sage
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:12 PM
Well some of us old rebels need to stick around to rile up the conservatives!

greysandbays
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:32 PM
Well, she is happy. And self-made, and self-reliant and she is absolutely conservative. So I guess 4 out of 5 isn't bad.
Sheilah

I guess intelligence is vastly over rated if one can be "self-made" and "self-reliant" without it.

Like a certain man-child who, according to Biden is "bright and articulate", and in spite of a Harvard degree, still needed the benefits of affirmative action to be anything but a pot-smoking, coke-snorting thug.

J-Lu
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:42 PM
I guess intelligence is vastly over rated if one can be "self-made" and "self-reliant" without it.

Like a certain man-child who, according to Biden is "bright and articulate", and in spite of a Harvard degree, still needed the benefits of affirmative action to be anything but a pot-smoking, coke-snorting thug.

I will unfortunately always keep these kinds of comments in mind when I see the authors post about horsey things.

Go Fish
Nov. 26, 2009, 11:39 PM
I will unfortunately always keep these kinds of comments in mind when I see the authors post about horsey things.

Me, too. I just added quite a few names to my ignore list today.

Bluesy
Nov. 26, 2009, 11:46 PM
I'm just hoping they'll take Tom Green back...

yeeeee..*shudder* you can keep that one. Or maybe send him to Antarctica.

greysandbays
Nov. 26, 2009, 11:59 PM

Now there's some high class "tolerance" for ya.

Myself, I ain't got nothing against a good horsey idea coming from somebody with their head so far up their butt politically that they see the world through their bellybutton.

EqTrainer
Nov. 27, 2009, 12:06 AM
Kaleigh,

I think this is so funny..

I am smart, I am rather attractive (I've just had a few drinks so even more so) even after having several children, I am happy with my family and I love my husband - no book deal but who knows about the future -

and in no way, shape or form does this qualify me to be the vice-president! Or any other political figure!!! So why would it qualify her?!!!

Foxtrot's
Nov. 27, 2009, 12:09 AM
Greysandbays - are you a hillbilly - whatever that is in real life? Yes, Off Topic day is always an eyeopener when people reveal themselves!

greysandbays
Nov. 27, 2009, 12:10 AM
I think this is so funny..

I am smart, I am rather attractive (I've just had a few drinks so even more so) even after having several children, I am happy with my family and I love my husband - no book deal but who knows about the future -

and in no way, shape or form does this qualify me to be the vice-president! Or any other political figure!!! So why would it qualify her?!!!

Sounds like you are at least as qualified as the bozo we've got now.

greysandbays
Nov. 27, 2009, 12:20 AM
Greysandbays - are you a hillbilly - whatever that is in real life? Yes, Off Topic day is always an eyeopener when people reveal themselves!

Oh, I gots me a hillbilly bone or two. And sometimes I use 'em to jab at pretentious twits who take theirselves too serious and get all bent out of shape when their obvious superiority don't get its rightful notice.

Arathita
Nov. 27, 2009, 12:28 AM
Now there's some high class "tolerance" for ya.

Myself, I ain't got nothing against a good horsey idea coming from somebody with their head so far up their butt politically that they see the world through their bellybutton.

"tolerance" is not the point. Good horse ideas come from people who can understand the 'big picture' and understand individual horses. Close-minded and one-sided angry political posts often indicate a person who does not understand the 'big picture' and does not understand idividual people. In my experience people who are angry with people are angry with horses as well.

SpecialEffects
Nov. 27, 2009, 12:36 AM
In my experience people who are angry with people are angry with horses as well.

Now that I totally disagree with. I love my horses and dogs and donkeys and everything else that's 4 legged, hairy and has a hygiene problem..... but I can't stand most people.

greysandbays
Nov. 27, 2009, 12:42 AM
"tolerance" is not the point. Good horse ideas come from people who can understand the 'big picture' and understand individual horses. Close-minded and one-sided angry political posts often indicate a person who does not understand the 'big picture' and does not understand idividual people. In my experience people who are angry with people are angry with horses as well.

No, sweetie, "good horse ideas" come from people who have made it their life's work to study The Horse. There is no "big picture" about it.

And in case you haven't noticed, this forum is full of people who wildly proclaim their hatred for most of the human race for not worshiping horses/animals/Gaia like they ought.

But perhaps you will explain how it is OK for people to be angry, denigrating, and spiteful about Palin without jeopardizing their qualifications in the horsey department but anything less than butt-kissing for Zero is verboten and an automatic disqualifier for any and all consideration in any venue?

Arathita
Nov. 27, 2009, 12:45 AM
Now that I totally disagree with. I love my horses and dogs and donkeys and everything else that's 4 legged, hairy and has a hygiene problem..... but I can't stand most people.

Allow me to rephrase. People who are dogmatic with people are in my experience dogmatic with horses as well. In other words, they are not very good horse trainers. Or dog trainers. Many think that they are but they can not escape their personality traits. They are fixed in their ideas and are not flexible to the animal's true needs. In my opionion. Perhaps you are an anomaly. I have not yet met a person who is bad with people and who is ACTUALLY good with animals, despite the idea that they think they are. People who treat beings fairly are people who treat beings fairly, usually.

Arathita
Nov. 27, 2009, 01:09 AM
No, sweetie, "good horse ideas" come from people who have made it their life's work to study The Horse. There is no "big picture" about it.

And in case you haven't noticed, this forum is full of people who wildly proclaim their hatred for most of the human race for not worshiping horses/animals/Gaia like they ought.

But perhaps you will explain how it is OK for people to be angry, denigrating, and spiteful about Palin without jeopardizing their qualifications in the horsey department but anything less than butt-kissing for Zero is verboten and an automatic disqualifier for any and all consideration in any venue?

As I stated in the above post, I believe that people who treat beings fairly are people who treat beings fairly. The big picture reflects the mindset and says everything about the person. Many examples exist of people who train horses full time and for their lives but are simply bad trainers.

I have not noticed very many of the people on this forum declaring hatred for the human race becase they do not worship animals. What forum do these people appear in?

It is your words that "it is OK for people to be angry, denigrating, and spiteful about Palin without jeopardizing their qualifications in the horsey department but anything less than butt-kissing for Zero is verboten and an automatic disqualifier for any and all consideration in any venue?" You see, I did not say or imply any of the emotional statement you just stated. This tells me that you do not read peoples' posts, that you do not address them correctly, and that you are emotionally attatched to your opinion. Your post makes you seem like you are more interested in being "right" than in addressing the complexity of the situation at hand. Not the mark of a good horseperson. In my opinion. Horse training is complex and it depends on a flexible mind in order to show the horse the way. Telling the horse is not good training. Convincing the horse to follow you is. Agan, in my opinion.

SpecialEffects
Nov. 27, 2009, 01:13 AM
I don't just 'think' I am. I love working with animals, their innocence and the fact that their love is unconditional is something that isn't found in people. At least not adults (not talking about kids here). Where most people have an agenda, animals don't. Except maybe to love you. They're not out to hurt you, cheat you, screw you over, cheat on you..... they may chew the odd Croc (damn dogs :winkgrin: ) but you know what? I can live with that.

Same thing with the horses. Had a very tough day, actually a lot of tough days recently, and the best thing to clear my mind was sitting cross legged beside one of the foals down in his stall. Scritching him and telling him my problems. He didn't solve them all... but he was a very good listener. Sorry, I haven't found that with too many people.

Foxtrot's
Nov. 27, 2009, 01:13 AM
That makes sense. I've always found that people who like animals are usually kind and gentle in their relationships with people. It is a sad commentary when a poster does not like most people.

It is a fact, too, that when people abuse animals, there is bound to be abuse in their families.

Anyway, back to Sarah - that's sure a cute shot by the OP of her on a meese with her party sign. I think she needs one of those brestplate dewlap thingies, that saddle looks like it could keep heading east.

Foxtrot's
Nov. 27, 2009, 01:32 AM
Should have said I was referring to Arathita's posts.

greysandbays
Nov. 27, 2009, 01:42 AM
As I stated in the above post, I believe that people who treat beings fairly are people who treat beings fairly. The big picture reflects the mindset and says everything about the person. Many examples exist of people who train horses full time and for their lives but are simply bad trainers.

I have not noticed very many of the people on this forum declaring hatred for the human race becase they do not worship animals. What forum do these people appear in? Every time the subject of horse slaughter, any hint of horse abuse/neglect or possible perception of same, a "dumped off" dog/cat (that might just be a runaway/wandered off), or dealer-owned truck wreck comes up, "I hate people" and "I want to make him suffer worse than he made those poor, precious animals suffer" folks come out in droves.

It is your words that "it is OK for people to be angry, denigrating, and spiteful about Palin without jeopardizing their qualifications in the horsey department but anything less than butt-kissing for Zero is verboten and an automatic disqualifier for any and all consideration in any venue?" You see, I did not say or imply any of the emotional statement you just stated. This tells me that you do not read peoples' posts, that you do not address them correctly, and that you are emotionally attatched to your opinion. Your post makes you seem like you are more interested in being "right" than in addressing the complexity of the situation at hand. Not the mark of a good horseperson. In my opinion. Horse training is complex and it depends on a flexible mind in order to show the horse the way. Telling the horse is not good training. Convincing the horse to follow you is. Agan, in my opinion.It was you who trotted out the "anger" angle when you pooh-poohed my observation of the lack of tolerance from a faction that prides itself on its "tolerance". I was just wondering why you let a whole stream of Palin denigration slide by you before you felt compelled to tie a dislike for Zero to crappy horsemanship. How is dislike for Zero "anger that spills over into horse training" and dislike for Palin is not?

Huntertwo
Nov. 27, 2009, 06:28 AM

Isn't that so hypocrital. Libs always complaining about the right to free speech, yet disagree with them and they take their ball and bat and run home boo hooing...

Toughen up...

dilligaff2
Nov. 27, 2009, 09:31 AM
WOW Folks--Happy Thanksgiving.

So much for a light hearted TG Meese Invasion thread.

Chall
Nov. 27, 2009, 10:41 AM
I have not yet met a person who is bad with people and who is ACTUALLY good with animals, despite the idea that they think they are.
Temple Grandin (sp?) comes to mind. People skills <> animal skills.

Susan P
Nov. 27, 2009, 11:19 AM
I could care less who you voted for, the whole state has gone mad. The population of Delaware had more brains but I take the blame for voting for Biden against a great Senator, my bad. The first time he ran I was young, it was my first opportunity to vote and I listened to a friend, she was wrong and a Democrat so she got one more vote for her candidate, now look at the gaffmaster!

So you are glad I left, LOL. Well my family still lives in Delaware so I'm there often and I have friends there too. Please keep Delawareans in Delaware because we sure don't need them in Chester County to ruin our community too, they are flocking over the state line in droves. Keep your liberals limited to Delaware, we have enough in Pennsylvania. We are trying to hold on to our way of life, we like it as it is.

It's interesting how you assume to know who I've voted for. I really wish more people would leave though. It's far too crowded here anymore.

caffeinated
Nov. 27, 2009, 11:25 AM
why is Ann Richards embraced for being homey and down to earth and Sarah Palin is looked down on for being a real person with family values?
Hmmmm?

Umm... I'm going to go out on a limb here and say her family values and "realness" has nothing to do with why some look down on her. Just guessing, though.

Kaleigh007
Nov. 27, 2009, 12:05 PM
I have a question for the Libs on here...why is it you are for abortion including late term abortions but yet you are all against capital punishment???? Can't wait to hear this logic:rolleyes:

SonnysMom
Nov. 27, 2009, 12:37 PM
Oh yes all Libs think exactly the same. So we are ALL against capital punishment and pro-abortion.

I am not Pro-abortion I am Pro-Choice. There is a difference.

I am also not anti-capital punishment.
I do wish that the death sentence was handed down more fairly.
In some states it seem like it can be given for a first offense where it wasn't premeditated murder and other states somebody can cold bloodedly plot to kill an entire family including kids and that person gets life with a chance for parole.

00Jumper
Nov. 27, 2009, 12:43 PM
I have a question for the Libs on here...why is it you are for abortion including late term abortions but yet you are all against capital punishment???? Can't wait to hear this logic:rolleyes:

Or to spin your question on its head, why is it not okay to terminate a pregnancy, not on a whim (which should never be done imho), but to preserve the life and health of the mother, but it's okay to kill a sentient human being because they've committed a crime? Why is the the place of man to decide that all infants must live, and yet at the same time to hold the lives of adult humans in their hands and say "you have done wrong, you have lost the right to live"? What makes that okay?

cloudyandcallie
Nov. 27, 2009, 12:45 PM
:lol: My question to both my "liberal" friends and to my "conservative" friends has always been: Why is it that people who are "for" abortion are against capital punishment and why is it that people who are against abortion are "for" capital punishment?:confused: What is the mentality for killing them now or killing them later?

( I believe that they are both "necessary evils.")

However, I think that conservatives need to adhere to the principles of Barry Goldwater, who was always a gentleman. Liberals need to get off the fence and do some good instead of just espousing causes, but not actually going out into the streets and helping out. (I consider myself a radical on some issues, and a conservative on others.)

People need to listen to each other's ideas and consider that they might have some good ideas. An open mind is much better than a closed mind!

I personally would not own a meese, not my "registry" of choice, but I will defend to the death foxtrot's (and others) rights to own and ride one!:lol:

caffeinated
Nov. 27, 2009, 12:46 PM

Because late term abortions are mostly done for reasons of health. Most are done because the baby has a major abnormality and would not survive, and birth is a major risk. Many of the women who get these wanted and loved their babies.

Maybe take a gander at this:
http://www.aheartbreakingchoice.com/kansasstories.html

While many out there would paint the pro-choice community as babykillers, the truth, as with so many other things, is a lot more than black and white.

Same with the death penalty, which I have very mixed feelings about.

SpecialEffects
Nov. 27, 2009, 12:52 PM
Umm... I'm going to go out on a limb here and say her family values and "realness" has nothing to do with why some look down on her. Just guessing, though.

The media has ripped apart her home life, her values, the way she speaks, the way she dresses, her glasses, her kids, her parenting..... she is under fire from everyone from CNN to SNL. The media was told to leave Chelsea Clinton alone - and they did- and no garbage comments have come out about BO's kids, but Sarah Palin and her family are *fair game*. David Letterman anyone? :rolleyes: The bias is incredible and disgusting all at the same time. And applauded by the libs.

In her political career she was impressive. Her values are solid. She has a practical business like way about her. I find that refreshing after all the scumbags in office. She may not have a huge amount of experience but since electing BO that tells me that is not all that important to the American public. Just guessing, though. ;)

So back to the original question, why is Ann Richards considered warm and wonderful but those same attributes are not admired in Sarah Palin? It isn't anything to do with what party each is connected with, is it?

caffeinated
Nov. 27, 2009, 01:08 PM
I think that people who like Sarah Palin will never understand the opposing point of view - and reduce the opposition to "why are they picking on this nice family lady?!?"

Personally, and I can't speak for the entire news media, my issues have nothing to do with her home life and morals (well, except for some of those she'd like to make into laws that could conceivably effect me). No, I just felt she was a ridiculous choice for VP - very little understanding of foreign affairs or major political issues beyond her favorite buzzwords. When asked questions about substantive issues, she proved to be an adept dodger. When asked about foreign policy, it was clear she knew very little about it (again, beyond buzz phrases that made people cheer but didn't have much actual substance).

From my perspective it was a total headscratcher that someone like McCain would have chosen her and all I could think was that he was sabotaging his own campaign.

Was there some mockery? Sure. And not all of it was fair, I'll grant you that. But what I don't understand is that there ARE women in the Republican party who are articulate, very deeply involved in politics, very up to date on foreign affairs, and super knowledgable. It seems to me like the choice of SP for VP candidate was a slap in the face to them. I felt she was chosen SOLELY to appeal to a certain group of voters, and not because she'd be good at the job.

That she has a lot of children really doesn't have much to do with my opinion of her. I do find her daughter's pregnancy slightly relevent, because SP is such a proponent of abstinence education.

I do give her credit for making hard choices and living with them - I think there are a lot of political women out there, when faced with a teenage daughter's pregnancy, might have just done the old "sshhhh! abortion-don't-tell-anyone" routine (and I think that's true of both sides, regardless of what they publicly say about abortion).

Kaleigh007
Nov. 27, 2009, 01:36 PM
I have to agree with you Caff on some points you made about Palin. She would not have been my choice for VP. I really like Liz Chaney!

Huntertwo
Nov. 27, 2009, 01:44 PM
Or to spin your question on its head, why is it not okay to terminate a pregnancy, not on a whim (which should never be done imho), but to preserve the life and health of the mother, but it's okay to kill a sentient human being because they've committed a crime? Why is the the place of man to decide that all infants must live, and yet at the same time to hold the lives of adult humans in their hands and say "you have done wrong, you have lost the right to live"? What makes that okay?

Because one is innocent and the other committed a heinous crime? :rolleyes:

Although I am a conservative, I am pro-choice.

Huntertwo
Nov. 27, 2009, 01:46 PM
The media has ripped apart her home life, her values, the way she speaks, the way she dresses, her glasses, her kids, her parenting..... she is under fire from everyone from CNN to SNL. The media was told to leave Chelsea Clinton alone - and they did- and no garbage comments have come out about BO's kids, but Sarah Palin and her family are *fair game*. David Letterman anyone? :rolleyes: The bias is incredible and disgusting all at the same time. And applauded by the libs.

In her political career she was impressive. Her values are solid. She has a practical business like way about her. I find that refreshing after all the scumbags in office. She may not have a huge amount of experience but since electing BO that tells me that is not all that important to the American public. Just guessing, though. ;)

So back to the original question, why is Ann Richards considered warm and wonderful but those same attributes are not admired in Sarah Palin? It isn't anything to do with what party each is connected with, is it?

Very good post....

IdahoRider
Nov. 27, 2009, 01:49 PM
Hey! Your forgot "clean"! Biden said he was clean, too!

And if Bush part 2 can be a coke snorting lush who found God, I see no reason why our Chosen One can't be a pot smoking, coke snorting...what was it you called him...thug?

I say keep it up with the idiot name calling! Every time someone like you opens their mouth, ten more people get turned off. Or haven't you noticed that your Amen Corner NEVER gets any bigger?
Sheilah

IdahoRider
Nov. 27, 2009, 02:05 PM
The media was told to leave Chelsea Clinton alone - and they did-
Really? Do a Youtube search for the "joke" that McCain made about Chelsea Clinton when she was still a fairly young teenager.

Or, better yet, Google a few of the things that Rush Limpbough had to say about Chelsea Clinton. Or Hillary Clinton for that matter.

Clinton stayed in the kitchen and continued to put her money where her mouth was, literally. Palin jumped shipped at the first sign of heat and has done nothing but whine about it.

Why can't she just stand up and take responsibility for being unprepared in interviews? Why does she have to point the finger and blame everyone under the sun for her poor performance on a stage that she was not ready for? Gee, buy into the culture of victimization much? Why is it okay for her to point the finger of blame at everyone but herself, but unacceptable for some inner-city black kid to do the same? Can we all say "HYPOCRITE" together on the count of three?

I don't support her because I don't agree with her, simple as that. As a wife and Mother myself, I applaud her choices since they mirror my own so closely. But I don't agree with her on policy issues. It has nothing to do with what she looks like, or how she speaks. I just don't agree with her. I agreed with Ann Richards on policy issues. Why do so many Palin supporters try and make the case against her detractors on such shallow grounds as the way she looks, or how she speaks or the way she lives her life? I mean, don't YOU guys think there is enough substance to her to merit disagreeing on issues?
Sheilah

mswillie
Nov. 27, 2009, 02:21 PM
I could care less who you voted for, the whole state has gone mad.

Couldn't care less. The expression is couldn't care less.

Don't get your panties in a twist. I've noticed from prior posts that if someone doesn't agree and support your agendas you tend to get defensive about it. Really I don't care enough about you or what you do to give it one more minute of my time.