PDA

View Full Version : Hey! Are you by yourself for Thanksgiving? What're you doing?

Oldenburg Mom
Nov. 26, 2009, 08:43 AM
Well, I am!

I am currently watching the Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire semi-marathon on Turner Classic Movies (The Gay Divorcee just started!), interspersed with goofing off on CoTH, and my new favorite thing to do on the computer, FARMVILLE. Oh, and of course, I'm generally doing some housework.

How about you?

P.S. What's happened to the Canadian Invasion on Off Course? Has it been banned ... ? Or are those lazy Cannucks not out of bed yet? :lol:

2DogsFarm
Nov. 26, 2009, 09:03 AM
Well, not now but I will be once I drop Bro off at the airport this afternoon.

He's been here a week, and although we've had a 99% pleasant visit - we must be mellowing in our old age - I'll be glad to have my farm back to myself.

Wish I had cable, I'll have to be content with the PBS cook-a-thon.
Dinner will probably e leftovoers from our dining out this week: pizza and pasta carbonara. Maybe I'll make a salad to health all the carbs up a bit...
Or not :cool:

Vesper Sparrow
Nov. 26, 2009, 09:18 AM
P.S. What's happened to the Canadian Invasion on Off Course? Has it been banned ... ? Or are those lazy Cannucks not out of bed yet? :lol:

We've been lulled into inaction and passivity by our excellent health care system and range of social programs... :lol:

This dual Yankee/Canuck is having American Thanksgiving (known as Yanksgiving among my dual friends) on her own but I already celebrated Canadian Thanksgiving last month. To celebrate the day, I will be having my swine flu shot. Yay!

I was told by some Canucks that I needed to make a turkey and invite them all over but that isn't happening... at least this year.

Anyone care to come up with a cute moniker for Canadian Thanksgiving?

Oldenburg Mom
Nov. 26, 2009, 09:47 AM
Or not :cool:

That seems to sum it up, 2Dogs. :lol: I almost feel like changing my signature line for that one ...

I have to admit, however, I do love being at home. It's so ... so... homey! :rolleyes:

Vesper,...

AH! You get TWO turkey days, huh?

Maybe all the Cannucks are boycotting the new CoTH layout. Having said that I did see a picture of Sarah Palin riding a moose (see below) ... that was pretty funny!!! :yes:

LarkspurCO
Nov. 26, 2009, 11:28 AM
I am not alone but I just wanted to say hi, and I hope your horses are well. Happy Thanksgiving.:)

lindasp62
Nov. 26, 2009, 11:56 AM
Anyone care to come up with a cute moniker for Canadian Thanksgiving?

How 'bout "eh?-nksgiving" :winkgrin:

monstrpony
Nov. 26, 2009, 11:58 AM
I slept all the way till 7:15, did the horses, made a pot of coffee and climbed back in bed with book and three dogs. Just got up a while ago to check email and, of course, CoTH, and am going to go ride. Somewhere in there, I'll put a turkey in the oven, I always do one as it will feed me till almost Christmas.

I do enjoy spending the day at home with my critters. Esp. T-day, as it is the first day of the holiday, no recovery time after the last workday (not that it was that hectic, since they're letting college students have Wednesday off these days).

I do have an invite to a friend's for an informal open house this evening. Maybe yes, maybe no; just see how the day goes!

HighFlyinBey++
Nov. 26, 2009, 12:09 PM
I'm dog-sitting an hour from home. This is the first year I am not going to a relative's OR cooking my own mini-feast.

I have absolutely no idea what to do with myself while waiting for football to start.

After football, I intend to turn on TMC and watch all the awesome movies they have lined up!

thatmoody
Nov. 26, 2009, 12:11 PM
Because of my illness, I am currently home alone (sent DH off to go surfing and salvage some of his holiday). I am enjoying the heck out of it except for the sick part - playing on Off Topic day (love those - probably because of the forbidden "we're going to shut down in a day" factor) and drinking tea.

LexInVA
Nov. 26, 2009, 12:12 PM
I'm watching Angels and Demons while eating pizza.

Sonesta
Nov. 26, 2009, 12:12 PM
I'm definitely not alone - am cooking for all the "orphans" in my circle (those that don't have family or can't go home for T-day). Wish you guys were here to join us!

lalahartma1
Nov. 26, 2009, 12:15 PM
By myself and the dogs, no horsies, listening to NPR/The Splendid Table.

We'll take a hike on the mesa when it warms up a bit. :)

Oh, and I'll check to see if the local (East) Indian restaurant is open.