PDA

View Full Version : So The People of Wal Mart

Woodland
Nov. 26, 2009, 02:02 AM
It has to be my favorite web site. I will laugh so hard from the pictures AND the comments that I will wake up my family. It is unfreaking believable to me that people go out in public like that:eek: And it reminds me why I avoid Wally World like the plague!

For anyone needing a good laugh today - keep the kids away from the screen - it is R rated at times.

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

Oh My Freaking Eyes! :eek::lol::lol::lol::eek:

ponyxjd
Nov. 26, 2009, 02:05 AM
Between the walmart site, FML, MLIA, and fail blog, I can occupy myself for hours!

LarkspurCO
Nov. 26, 2009, 02:17 AM
Oh, thank you for that. I want to shop where they are shopping!

As far as I'm concerned, there are never too many plumber's cracks or blubbery midriffs. I especially liked the balding fat man squatting in the freezer aisle with his warm-up pants falling down to expose his g-string.

heatherny2
Nov. 26, 2009, 02:43 AM
Just imagine the Wal-Marts here in FL, where it is legal to wear a bikini top in the store....yeah...hello muffin top.

MunchkinsMom
Nov. 26, 2009, 03:01 AM
Oh heavens, why did I ever click on that link - I'm going to have nightmares all night long.

Bluehorsesjp
Nov. 26, 2009, 03:09 AM
I am afraid, very afraid to shop at Walmart now.
I can't believe some of the things I have seen on that site.

I too like FML, but what is fail blog and MLIA?

Vandy
Nov. 26, 2009, 03:19 AM
Oh my goodness...a few weeks ago, I went to Wal Mart and as I parked, I was thinking about that website. Focused on getting everything on my list and getting the hell out of that store ASAP, I didn't think about the site once I was in there...until I saw THE QUEEN OF ALL MULLETS. Un-freaking-believable. This woman(?) had probably used an entire can of styling products that day. I've never seen a hairdo like that in my life - it was truly impressive.

I have a crappy phone with a crappy camera, but I just HAD to get a shot to submit to the site. So I pretended to study the prices of something behind Mullet-person, held the phone out to the side, and snapped away, trying to be extra stealthy. Of course, I'd forgotten that my phone makes this terrible, obnoxious "CLICK" camera sound when you take a photo, and I was totally busted. Mullet-person was NOT happy, and I still feel a little guilty about it. I haven't submitted the photo yet...but it's a real winner.

mypaintwattie
Nov. 26, 2009, 03:41 AM
OMG OMG OMG!!!!! I've gotten the email before with a few pics, but this is a GOLDMINE!!!!!!!!!! Lets hope my picture doesn't pop up as I'm there buying my usual 6 tubs of generic metamucil!!!!!

Woodland
Nov. 26, 2009, 09:00 AM
Oh heavens, why did I ever click on that link - I'm going to have nightmares all night long.

I know it's like a bad train wreck - you just can't look away! :lol:

I am not a regular Wal mart shopper - but now when I go i am VERY careful about what I wear - no ripped Carharts - well no carharts at all. No breeches and boots - with my cottage cheese no one needs to see that. No humongous barn boots and smelly black hoody. I would never wear an obscenity on my person - so i do not worry about that. And heaven knows short short, mini skirts, spandex and shorty shirts are not my cup of tea! I do own a mirror unlike the people in those pictures.

I just wonder do they just not realize how they look? Or do they think they look good? Or are they trying to shock? It just seems like some store personal should say something. :eek:

Claddagh
Nov. 26, 2009, 09:13 AM
:eek: OMG :eek: - that site is hilarious!!!! Ewwwww...

Now when I go to Walmart to pick up aloe vera juice for my horse I guess I'll be looking around to see if I can spot the next *star* of the website. :lol: :lol: :lol: :o :no:

Jolie_
Nov. 26, 2009, 09:30 AM
LOL the sad thing is I don't think they are all staged, by what I see at my walmart!

JanM
Nov. 26, 2009, 09:35 AM
I love that site! And no people don't realize how badly they look dressed up like clowns. I guess it's like anything else-we see what we want to see, not what is real. Sometimes I have to look and make sure they weren't taken at my Walmart.

Frank B
Nov. 26, 2009, 09:41 AM
To really appreciate WalMart, you have to go around 2AM Sunday morning. It's a whole 'nother world!

It helps if you're buying stuff to clean your horse's sheath. You know, several tubes of KY, box of latex gloves, etc.

mroades
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:14 AM
I am telling you, the Walmart in Aiken, SC could single-handedly support that site. At lesast on friday nights...lol. I always seem to end up there when we are at a show picking up something we forgot...and oooweeee I always wish I had a silent camera.

Woodland
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:28 AM
To really appreciate WalMart, you have to go around 2AM Sunday morning. It's a whole 'nother world!

It helps if you're buying stuff to clean your horse's sheath. You know, several tubes of KY, box of latex gloves, etc.

*snort* :lol::lol::lol:

Christa P
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:33 AM
Check your sound and camera settings on your phone, you can probably turn the click off and set it to silent.

Christa

Who does not shop at Walmart

SarahandSam
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:35 AM
I love that site! I was looking at it with my husband one day and he recognized someone... it's a guy who wears crazy theme hats for every holiday, and he comes into my husband's store (he works for a wine and liquor store) a lot. I believe the pic on the website was with him wearing an entire Easter tree decorated with eggs on his head. Apparently his 4th of July ensemble is the really impressive one though.

When I was in college, we used to get drunk and go to the local Wal-Mart late at night to people watch--"Wally Walking," we called it. We were in the middle of nowhere, so it definitely gave us some interesting characters to spot!

mlranchtx
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:48 AM
Wow, never seen that before.

I think this site is where the phrase "WTF" originated...

wOw :eek:

blackcat95
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:50 AM
omg i can't decide what is more funny... that none of my friends have found this first or that i am the first one to find it!!! mwahahaha!!!! here in DC we don't have Walmarts, so i am spared some of the weirdness.... however, in maine, it's a totally different story. i once saw a guy in full john deere logo ensemble. made my day.

superpony123
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:57 AM
oh man, i've seen this site before and it disgusts me and makes me DIE laughing every time !! :lol::lol::lol: :D

i feel like, HOW CAN THIS BE REAL????? how can people ACTUALLY go out like that, pass the mirror on the way out the door and not say GOD THIS IS RIDICULOUS??? :lol:

Laurierace
Nov. 26, 2009, 11:00 AM
I have long believed that Walmart must have a rule that the bigger you are, the less clothing you are allowed to wear at any given time.

Brandy76
Nov. 26, 2009, 12:07 PM
I am certainly not a fashionista, but when I do go out of there, when I get in my car, I always end up sitting there with my head on the steering wheel for a few minutes. Thanks for the laugh, Woodland!

dawglover
Nov. 26, 2009, 12:16 PM
I swear that at least half of those folks (or their relatives) shop at our Wal*Mart.

My husband says there should be a weight limit law for spandex wearers.

appdream
Nov. 26, 2009, 12:28 PM
My Sister called me a few weeks back. The conversation started with "Your not going to believe this!" She was walking into a store and parked there, bigger then life is....The Clay Akins Car.

RedMare01
Nov. 26, 2009, 12:37 PM
This site is also hilarious...

http://emailsfromcrazypeople.com/

Caitlin

Oldenburg Mom
Nov. 26, 2009, 12:51 PM
Well, I have to say, while it IS funny, it is also so sad.

What ARE these people thinking? Ok, I know I'm a little bit more than I should be ... but I look emaciated compared to these people.

I must be too old ... what has happened to our culture? I just,... don't know what these people are thinking to go out of the house like that.

Ok, I have gone out of the house in muddy shoes/jeans. But that's a far cry from these pictures. AND, it's pretty rural where I am ...

I just don't geddit. :no:

SleepyFox
Nov. 26, 2009, 01:23 PM
Thanks. I have now wasted a ridiculous amount of time on that site. It's like a trainwreck - I just can't look away. :lol:

shakeytails
Nov. 26, 2009, 02:38 PM
I've always been a fat kid, but when I go to my local Wal-mart I swear I'm one of the thinnest people there! At least I keep my fat covered. Some people have no shame. As a friend of mine likes to say- they look like a busted can of biscuits...

There's been a few times when I've had to run to the store when dressed in not-so-decent duds, like when I was covered in mud from fixing a broken water line and had to to go the hardware store pronto or when I had nasty shorts and a cut-off t-shirt on and had to get to the tractor dealership for a part before they closed. I'm guilty of running to the Dollar General in sweats and Crocs. And of course, any barn garb is fair game for a quick trip to the feed mill. But at least I had some clue that I wasn't presentable!

HARROLDhasmyheart
Nov. 26, 2009, 02:40 PM
I think peopleofwalmart.com is one of the funniest websites that I've seen in a LONG time! And I concur, it does appear that WalMart has a rule that the larger you are, the less you can wear.

Linny
Nov. 26, 2009, 02:48 PM
That site and "Great Trailer Parks of Mississippi" are among my favorites.

Remember when the internet was new and we were told how educational it would be? :yes::lol: He's yer edumacation!:eek:

SpecialEffects
Nov. 26, 2009, 03:03 PM
O. M. G. :eek: Don't these people own mirrors?

Thanks for the laugh, I needed that!

CarolinaGirl
Nov. 26, 2009, 03:22 PM
There are some pics on that site that literally almost make me throw up... but mostly I sit there and go OMG!!

Mali
Nov. 26, 2009, 05:40 PM
Thanks for posting this link! I think I just laughed off the first 200 calories from dinner. I bet if I go thru the entire site, I won't even gain an ounce from today!

brightskyfarm
Nov. 26, 2009, 05:50 PM
thank you ...thank you.... I was having a miserable day up until I saw this!!! Im dying laughing... god, I needed this.!
Now I know how to get my daily good mood fix... a bit of humor and a solid belly laugh can cure anything......
thanks again !

Oldenburg Mom
Nov. 26, 2009, 08:51 PM
BTW, I'm on page 13 ... and there are currently 114 available for perusal.

My eyes really ARE bleeding...

Woodland
Nov. 26, 2009, 09:03 PM
Remember when the internet was new and we were told how educational it would be? :yes::lol: He's yer edumacation!:eek:

I have learned some new words and such from that site!

Like "Belly apron" and "back boobs".

I never knew people glued crap to their cars and then drive them to Wal Mart!

I had no clue old transvestites shopped there - i mean I had thought i had seen a few - but now I know!

I never knew you could leave your home to go anywhere - much less Wal Mart with an electronic monitoring device. I thought it would shock you or something - like a dog collar :confused:

And the people who write the comments - well they should be writing for Leno - he sure needs the help!

Foxtrot's
Nov. 27, 2009, 03:21 AM
OMG - tears are running down my cheeks. Thank you Mods for Off Topic Day!!
Who puts up that site - is it legal!!!! :D

Foxtrot's
Nov. 27, 2009, 03:31 AM
Oh, can somebody please remember to put this up next OTD - it should become an oft-repeated classic. Perhaps it would take the heat off our meeses and
us syrup sucking ice holes (courtesy your Stephen Colbert).

horse-loverz
Nov. 27, 2009, 04:07 AM
I love that site... I also like There I fixed it... (http://thereifixedit.com/)

It shows the mother of all Jury rigging... I also have become addicted to Texts from last night... (http://www.textsfromlastnight.com/) OMG I have never been that drunk or loose.. but it is fun to read.

CAH
Nov. 27, 2009, 11:12 AM
OMFG.

Remind me not to go to a Walmart next time I am in Florida.....

subk
Nov. 27, 2009, 11:26 AM
There but for the grace of God go I.

shakeytails
Nov. 27, 2009, 11:41 AM
There but for the grace of God go I.

I agree when I see someone less fortunate, but honestly, is it really any more expensive to buy a shirt or jeans that actually fit? I shop at Goodwill, and it's the same price for a pair of pants whether they're a size 12 or a size 22.

Laurierace
Nov. 27, 2009, 02:17 PM
This website kept running through my mind today, I hope no one took my picture and put it on the web! I was wearing sweat pants tucked into my rain boots topped off by my barn coat. I did rinse the mud off the boots before I headed into Kohls but I didn't make eye contact with anyone.