PDA

View Full Version : Another Working Student Thread!

Hevonen
Nov. 25, 2009, 10:58 PM
I'm a college graduate ( '09 ) who is planning on taking some time off to pursue her riding career. I've shown up to first level dressage and schooled some second level movements, and I've jumped up to three foot singles and can make my way around a 2'6" course, though I've never shown in jumping. I've been a working student at two local barns, but unfortunately they can't teach me much about eventing, which is what I really want to get into (dressage AND jumping? Beast!).

I currently am looking for a WS position. Before everyone tells me how hardcore and dedicated I have to be (my current employer tells me everyday in the hopes that I won't leave her!) I am prepared to work my butt off for the chance to become a better rider. I'm willing to do what it takes to gain the experience and instruction necessary to succeed at higher levels. I'm sure everyone probably says the same thing ;) but as I understand it you either have money or a work ethic, and since I don't have much in the way of money... I suppose I'll just have to work hard and hope that it pays off!

Anyways, the point is I'd like some suggestions on WS programs, specifically on the Bascule Farm WS position and the Team CEO WS position. I have an interview with the former and I'm just trying to do my research so I can be prepared. I do have a horse I would be bringing with me, though I'm not sure how we'll do at eventing. Any input is really helpful! I appreciate your time. :)

Also, if anyone is looking for a WS, I have a formal resume, plenty of references, and I would be happy to speak with you! Thanks!

lionstigersbears
Nov. 26, 2009, 12:56 AM
I'm PMing you...

babybritain
Nov. 28, 2009, 06:04 PM
I PMed you :)