PDA

View Full Version : What Are the Black Friday Deals you would buy if you Could?

knightrider
Nov. 25, 2009, 10:15 PM
I saw a lot of folks are not going to brave the crowds...but what deals would you buy if you could and there was no crowd issue? Or getting up at the crack of dawn issue?

JanM
Nov. 25, 2009, 10:20 PM
If I had the chance and the money (big if on the money) I would get a couple of flat screen TVs from Walmart and replace my old heavy regular tv's. And I'd like to get GPS's for everyone I know-they are great when you have to detour around an accident or need to know what facilities are at the next exit.

heatherny2
Nov. 25, 2009, 10:26 PM
laptops (new one for me and one for my older son), another flat screen tv, and whatever deals on xbox games for the kids or dvd's for my DH.

knightrider
Nov. 25, 2009, 10:53 PM
so where are the deals for these items? I'm behind the times...someone took my paper last sunday and I haven't had time to check online....debating on whether or not I want to get up early.

RiddleMeThis
Nov. 26, 2009, 02:33 AM
I would definitely be getting at least one of the flat screen TVs from either Best Buy or Walmart. And I have been scouring the ads for sales on the touch screen computer I want to no avail.

JanM
Nov. 26, 2009, 08:55 AM
Nightrider-go to Walmart.com, put in your zip code and you can view the Friday only, Saturday only and online only ad, with a map for the location of the deals at the Walmart of your choice showing the location of the items you want. The stores won't close tonight and you can line up next to the item you want. They have very good deals on TVs, GPS, and lots of sale DVDs.
Riddle me this-there was an article on MSN money (I think) about computer deals. Try Best Buy or google it and maybe you'll get lucky-but don't forget the online only sales too. And if Compaq offers a touch screen that is the same as HP only cheaper-Best Buy has HP and Compaq. Some of their deals are online or store delivery for the sale prices too.

thatmoody
Nov. 26, 2009, 08:59 AM
I would get a flat screen tv if I could afford it, but I can't (I'm on adjunct status for another semester - groan). As soon as I get put back on Instructor status, though, we're getting a better tv, because ours is making stupid humming noises and it's about to go. I hate that a tv is that important to us, but honestly, it is :P.

cu.at.x
Nov. 26, 2009, 11:06 AM
I'd really like a new digital camera. Mine is so old that it can't take a SIM card....not to mention my ex took my cable...so the camera is virtually worthless now. :no:

knightrider
Nov. 26, 2009, 07:40 PM
I'm full of tv's in my house...but could trade up to a flat screen I guess .... if I wanted to spend the money...actually am interested in the digital frame at walmart for 29.00....need to check out how many pics it takes, but that is a great price...thanks all!

heatherny2
Nov. 26, 2009, 08:15 PM
If I hadn't just bought a new washer and dryer a month ago, I would hit Sears tomorrow, they have front load washer and dryer combo only $575 (or thereabout) which is 1/2!! of what I paid for mine (and mine is not front load). Of course the pedestals are extra but for that price def affordable. Other than that I don't really see any GREAT deals on much of anything worth risking your life for.

superpony123
Nov. 26, 2009, 08:15 PM
I really just want to spend all my money at J Crew to be honest :lol:

Online, they're having a 20% off sale. Nothing huge compared to everything else I guess, but what beefs me is that a few days ago I bought a gorgeous pair of corduroys from j crew for maybe $80. I've never spent that much on pants, but these things looked fantastic on me and I loved them. What do you know, now they're already on sale AND tomorrow you can take 20% off that sale price. i should've waited !

But, i spent all of my pocket money the other day buying those pants! So, I guess I'm SOL.

I don't go out on black friday though. I ventured out to the outlet mall last year, big mistake. if you live in NJ, i went to jersey gardens. It's near Newark international airport, so basically all the people waiting for flights home flocked to the mall. It was crowded with suitcases and people waiting for flights and shopping. Lines for every story. I went to maybe 2 stores and hardly bought a thing. Waste of a day.

sickofcollege
Nov. 26, 2009, 08:21 PM
Superpony...if you're a student you get 10% off all purchases at JCrew year around.

JCrew also has a policy that you can return any item within 7-14 days (don't quote me on that) if you pay full price and it goes on sale. Most people never notice and never return it to be credited back. But, I've done it a time or two without any problems. Call JCrew in the morning and ask them about it. I'm sure you could go in on Saturday if need be to avoid the craziness.

dani0303
Nov. 26, 2009, 11:24 PM
I'd love to get a deal on an awesome TV. I'm also in need of a new iPod. I'd rather wait and pay a bit more than deal with the insanity though