PDA

View Full Version : Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not after me...

Pocket Pony
Nov. 25, 2009, 09:46 PM
I am totally paranoid. I always assume the worst and make up crazy ideas in my head and blow things way out of proportion. The latest is really getting to me, though.

I have a neighbor who grows "medical marijuana" - she has a card that allows her to do this. Now I know for a fact that she really sells this and has transported it across state lines. She used to have her own training business but has since given that up to do her MJ growing full-time. She wants to open a dispensory. She has a "co-op" garden on her property that means that she and a bunch of other people can pool their MMJ cards together and grow up to xx number of plants per person. So this means that not only is my neighbor growing but there are a bunch of strangers up at her property every day working on their garden.

My neighbor and I used to be friendly, and I have been rather tolerant of her erratic behavior (coming to my house drunk begging me to help her harvest her pot) and have pretty much kept to myself. When she had her training business we used to ride through each other's properties, but since she gave that up I haven't been up there unless she's waved me over for chit-chat. I do not trespass.

Lately there have been more people coming and going and it is making me really paranoid. I have this recurring dream that people are coming on to my property and won't leave and it is really upsetting.

On Sunday Mr. PoPo and I were working on another part of our property and when we get back to our house, I see a new fence out the kitchen window - it was put up in a matter of hours. It is a short 3' (or so) wide fence that cuts off the path between our two properties, although really one could just walk around it. To me, it sends more of a message than being an actual barrier - an unfriendly and somewhat threatening message.

Today some of her "friends" (whom I've met at various times that I've been up at her house) were doing a huge burn pile just across the property line. I had a very short chit-chat with one of the guys (he initiated it) about burn piles and then went out for my ride. Mr. PoPo and I went out for an errand and when we came back it was dark. The friends are sitting at the burn pile manning it (which is what you are supposed to do), but I just feel...paranoid.

I am probably making something out of nothing but now I feel like they're staking me out or watching us or our property to see what our patterns are or or or or or.

Someone tell me to knock it off and that I'm being silly. I have started carrying my gun around with me. :eek:

Since it is winter, the pot growing has moved inside so I wouldn't have any "proof" to call the sherrif with (like, my yard smells like pot and it isn't mine). Having a neighbor put up a fence on their property proves nothing. And when we've talked about it before she mentioned that she is very aware of her rights and that she follows the letter with regards to her rx and what she can grow, etc...

I feel like I'm just stuck in this sucky situation and it really bothers me.

I wish I could just move and be done with her but that is not an option right now.

:mad::no::(

Noctis
Nov. 25, 2009, 09:51 PM
Whoa...thats pretty tough. I'm not sure I'd be comfy around that much pot...medical or otherwise because heck...just because its prescription doesn't mean that OTHER people don't know its there...*hugs* I'm not the best person for NOT being paranoid, but sending you good thoughts and jingles. If you're feeling uncomfortable, I'd honestly maybe call the law enforcement just to let them know that there has been new and different activities that are going on, may make you feel better at least?

MistyBlue
Nov. 25, 2009, 10:05 PM
Lock up your snacks. :winkgrin:
But in general heavy pot smokers tend to be really laid back, not homicidal.

JanM
Nov. 25, 2009, 10:52 PM
I would worry about escalation of the amounts because of the number of people involved. It sounds like the situation might be getting out of hand, and I wonder if maybe it exceeds the allowable limits? You might just give a friendly call to the Sheriff's office and ask them about limits or inspections, or just what the rules are about this problem. I heard the othe day that California has more medical marijuana shops than Starbucks-if that's true there must be hundreds of them!

tidy rabbit
Nov. 25, 2009, 11:17 PM
No advice here, but it's funny about the dreams... I have those types of dreams too about my neighbors. I feel pretty encroached upon at times and it comes out in my dreams. Very upsetting.

Chef Jade
Nov. 25, 2009, 11:20 PM
Oh, that is a tough one. However, I think that anyone that lives that kind of lifestyle is more into their crop and their next high (or alternately their pain, cancer, etc. that may lead them there) than they are concerned about you and what you are doing. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Shouldn't THEY be the paranoid ones? ;)

Renn/aissance
Nov. 25, 2009, 11:33 PM
I'm sorry, I have to laugh--they're the ones going around stoned, and YOU'RE the one feeling paranoid? :lol:

Seriously though, I am not sure I understand your concern. Sure, it's weird that they're all chilling there, smoking their pot, but... how is this THAT different from the back lot in high school?

Perfect Pony
Nov. 26, 2009, 12:12 AM
I understand what you are saying PoPo. Just a couple weeks ago someone in the area who was growing medical marijuana was shot several times by people stealing it...it is dangerous. And having strangers coming and going would freak me out too. That said, I have no advice!

Funny thing is, just a couple days ago I dreamed about buying that property. Is she still thinking of selling??

nightsong
Nov. 26, 2009, 03:54 AM
The book The Gift of Fear is ALL about those "feelings" of danger, which are actually noticing danger on a sub-awareness level. NOT silly.

And, while pot SMOKERS tend to be pacific, drug dealers are the opposite...

Also, "what you have decided is a 'dream" could be actually something you noticed while partly asleep.

JanM
Nov. 26, 2009, 08:49 AM
Good point Nightsong. I loved the Gift of Fear and his explanation of the difference between needless fear and the real intuitive warning from our instincts about danger. And I totally agree about the dreams being a warning on a subconscious level. It sounds as if the people next door are either becoming a large distribution center or are serving as a using center which may be an illegal commercial operation according to zoning. I think I would talk to the local zoning people or sheriff's department about that and the traffic levels.

Pocket Pony
Nov. 26, 2009, 12:35 PM
Oh please please please buy it PePo! She has a lovely barn, lots of outbuildings, lots of room for turnout, a nice (although small) arena, nice view, good neighbors. ;)

If it were just her and her friends being stoned all the time, I wouldn't care. It is the fact that she is increasing her growing operation and more people are coming and going. IMHO, the more people who know about it, the more dangerous it becomes. The more she grows, the more her property becomes interesting to the kind of people I don't want around.

AFAIK (because her voice carries and I can hear her talking when she's on her porch), she hasn't even been around lately and the guys are doing the work or whatever. I know she wants to open a dispensory somewhere and so I think she's scouting locations while they keep things running at home.

She is a serial bad decision maker. Her life has been on a downward spiral for a couple years now and I don't want to be around when it blows up.

:no: