PDA

View Full Version : I hate cd cases

Lin
Nov. 25, 2009, 08:24 PM
drop them once and they shatter. Hard to unwrap and open too. Obviously, a fiendish conspiracy - much like global warming.

twofatponies
Nov. 25, 2009, 08:38 PM
I agree!

JanM
Nov. 25, 2009, 09:37 PM
I hate the fact that about one third of the CD's I buy come with broken cases. I bought a bunch of the thinner cases and transfer the cd and the song list goes in the front of the case after judicious trimming, that way I save a lot of space in the CD rack. I used a medium sharpie to label the case with the artist name and album name to make it easier to locate.

Lin
Nov. 25, 2009, 09:42 PM
You are organised - I'll keep your method in mind. I get a lot of cds at garage sales and thriftshops - so they start out in less than perfect condition.

JanM
Nov. 25, 2009, 10:57 PM
I also have been weeding my collection. If you have a 'greatest hits' or 'best of' collection then I bet you might have duplication if you have older albums by the same person. I usually check that and get rid of older ones but the other day I looked at a greatest hits and then the older CD's and found I could trash six older ones. And there's the occasional CD that I don't even remember getting-some were gifts or someone I don't like anymore so I get rid of those too.

And sometimes (not often) I go on Itunes to get things that are out of print-if I find a bunch by one artist that are ones I want, and have a couple of albums with only a song or so on them I download my own 'greatest hits' and for a few dollars can get rid of a bunch of old ones.

I like the cardboard type CD cases-they save on plastic and are much more compact than the big CD cases.

Emryss
Nov. 26, 2009, 12:30 PM
I ended up putting all our computer CDs in a CD file box. The extra boxes I keep in the garage to replace the music CDs that break - but I am trying to convince DH to have a music CD file, too, for neatness' sake.