View Full Version : Rupert Update!!!! (Emaciated doberman)

Nov. 25, 2009, 06:07 PM
Some of you may remember the emaciated dog I found wandering around in my neighborhood. He's doing very well, and is starting to love life down here on a Caribbean island, as he should! He has a home (YAY!) and will hopefully be home for Christmas... we're so excited.

Here are some photos of the day I found him:

Here are some of weeks 1+2:

And here are photos of him in the last few days! He turned up right around halloween, and look at him now, not even a month later!

I am so proud of how amazing he looks, and want to thank everyone for their help and advice! I feel like an expert of sorts now... I had a second skinny dog turn up about a week and a half after Rupert did. Skinny Dog #2 was called Rex, and is now Soca... he's taking a bit longer to put weight on, but he also wasn't as skinny and emaciated, so it's not as dramatic.

Nov. 25, 2009, 06:11 PM
Wow, what a difference. He looks so much better and it is nice to know he has his own family now.

Nov. 25, 2009, 06:12 PM
Great job so far! I did read the original thread and thought, "Wow, that is one skinny dog!" He was scrawny...as in worried about organ failure type scrawny. He looks so much better and good for you for not stuffing him with food too quickly.
He looks like a sweetie too. He has a lot to be thankful for this season. :D

Nov. 25, 2009, 06:23 PM
Well done Rupert........ you cracked it ;)

Fantastic job SarEQ. You deserve a fantastic Christmas.

Nov. 25, 2009, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the compliments!

He's been easy... just feed him and deworm him and he piles that weight on! I couldn't have done it without other volunteers... I had to take in skinny dog #2 (Soca) since he's also got a few behavioral issues, so Rupert is with friends. They've been great about feeding him on schedule and the correct amounts. He's a lucky dog, I can't believe he didn't go into organ failure!

Nov. 25, 2009, 10:18 PM
Oh he looks so much better.
Good job!
And good for Rupert to find you.

Nov. 25, 2009, 10:56 PM
Yay! He looks amazing for so short a time:)

He was a lucky lucky dog to have found you!

Nov. 25, 2009, 11:00 PM
I'm surprised he didn't have organ issues too. I've dealt with quite a few animals that got that emaciated and most of them didn't make it due to organ failure. :no: (rehab wildlife, not many dogs though)
He's indeed a lucky boy...and very huggable looking.