PDA

View Full Version : Anybody use those tennies that are supposed to tone your butt?

Pocket Pony
Nov. 25, 2009, 04:46 PM
I've seen so many ads for them - the tennies that are oddly-shaped at the sole so you (presumably) walk funny. They are supposed to tone your thighs and butt. Anyone have any?

Crooked Horse
Nov. 25, 2009, 05:12 PM
No, but Mr. Crooked Horse LOVES the commercials... ;)

RolyPolyPony
Nov. 25, 2009, 08:33 PM
No, but I am really tempted since I need new sneakers anyway... ;

Sakura
Nov. 25, 2009, 08:35 PM
No, but I am really tempted since I need new sneakers anyway... ;

Ditto :yes:

annikak
Nov. 25, 2009, 09:07 PM
I am desperate so would love to know- do they or don't they???

Not riding has taken it's toll on my parts that already had issues!

Tha Ridge
Nov. 25, 2009, 09:10 PM
I've tried them. My boyfriend's mom wears the MBTs religiously and swears by them. I'm not crazy about them, but I can see how they would work.

Kate66
Nov. 25, 2009, 09:37 PM
Complete and utter bull is my thoughts on them. A friend bought them. They have no scientific evidence behind them whatsoever. If you walk a lot in any sneakers and eat properly, your butt will be helped. If anything they look bloody awful to walk in.

Noctis
Nov. 25, 2009, 09:46 PM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE them...don't know what they do for my butt, but they do wonders for my back. I run/walk/am insanely active, so its hard to notice specifics, but they do relieve a lot of pressure in the back because it just kind of glides?

tx3dayeventer
Nov. 25, 2009, 10:04 PM
So you can run in them???? That was my question for the guy at the Reebok store but he was kinda like "i dunno".

Natalie A
Nov. 25, 2009, 10:13 PM
I have them and think they're comfortable and work for my feet and back issues and like wearing them for walks, etc. Don't know if I particularly believe their claims, but I do like them.

Noctis
Nov. 25, 2009, 10:28 PM
Yeah you can run in them just fine. It DOES take some getting use to though! Don't put em on and just go...have to work up to it. HR note...they do NOT work in stirrups lol

Casey09
Nov. 25, 2009, 10:39 PM
I have them and find that they help with my shin splints. I find them to be very comfortable. I am not sure about the whole "butt" thing. Mostly, I like them because I find that I don't get shin splints as often.

HorsRdr477
Nov. 25, 2009, 11:26 PM
I bought the Skechers Shape Ups for work. I'm a bartender, so I figured I could tone my booty while working. They are hideous looking, but I think they have helped a bit. My pants seem to be fitting a little looser, but who knows if the shoes are what's doing it.

KateKat
Nov. 25, 2009, 11:28 PM
are you talking about the new Reebok ones or those ones with those huge wedge shaped soles? I think the Reebok ones are based on a different technology, I've read its supposed to be like walking on mini Bosu balls. I don't know if the wedge ones function based on the same theory. Either way, they are intriguing and I wonder too if they actually have a measureable effect.

Rodeio
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:31 AM
I have the shape ups and my butt burns after a 3 mile walk. I love it! They are ugly but comfortable as heck.

FancyFree
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:33 AM
I've been thinking about getting a pair. I've read that they help your posture as well as tone your butt.

FancyFree
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:46 AM
They're ugly:

http://www.shoes.com/Shopping/productdetails.aspx?catalog_name=web&pg=1018325&p=33134&CMP=OTC-GoogleBase&partnerid=GoogleBase&cpc=GoogleBase&=campaign=Skechers&category=A&cpckw=Skechers+Womens+Shape-ups+-+Strength+Shoe+%28Black/White%29&CAWELAID=363471138

Sakura
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:50 AM
I do a lot of walking around campus... plus standing in class... These shoes are so very tempting.

The Reebok Easytone (http://www.reebok.com/microsites/easytone_reebok/)

Perfect Pony
Nov. 26, 2009, 11:45 AM
I just want the woman's body on the Reebok ad....wow!:eek:

you can have it...just have those same photographers and touch up artists take the pictures and photoshop them.

FancyFree
Nov. 26, 2009, 11:46 AM
The Easytone seem to be a different shape though. The Skechers have a curved sole where the rocking back action is what works your glutes.

http://www.celebritybeautybuzz.com/index.php/2009/08/how-brooke-burke-gets-a-firm-butt/

But I don't have a pair yet. I'll post next OTD as to how well they work. :lol:

thatmoody
Nov. 26, 2009, 11:54 AM
I would like to know as well - I walk a lot at work and usually wear Dansko clogs, but if these are good on your back...

indygirl2560
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:25 PM
The Sketchers ones are hideous!