PDA

View Full Version : Anyone buy that dry wall from China that stinks and causes headaches?

tidy rabbit
Nov. 25, 2009, 03:56 PM
Anyone buy that dry wall from China that stinks and causes headaches?

I don't know about you all but I avoid buying ANYTHING that comes from China.

I feel really bad for the people who this happened to.

I heard yesterday that the government is considering a tax break for the people who bought it.

Why do we import all this shit from them? My husband jokes that it's a plot to kill us all, but I wonder if it's somewhat true.

tidy rabbit
Nov. 25, 2009, 04:02 PM
And that gem, the electronic cigarette from China that finally got banned. It let you blow out real smoke! No one knew just what was in it. OMG. Are we that dumb? Stop the madness.

Perhaps I should retitle my thread,,,, to The China Syndrome.... or
They're killing Us With Crap!

Reynard Ridge
Nov. 25, 2009, 07:25 PM
Alas, my drywall is Chinese. Of course, so it the rest of my house, and my neighbors and my food and, come to think of it, my air! :eek:

We're still alive. ;)

PNWjumper
Nov. 25, 2009, 09:36 PM
Somehow I think you're right to be less concerned about Chinese products that are deemed quality enough to STAY in China.

After all, they're not trying to kill their own people! :lol:

JanM
Nov. 25, 2009, 09:55 PM
Apparently, the bad ingredient is sulphur, and now they say some American drywall has it too. I can't believe the insurance companies are getting away with not paying on claims for people who have houses that are unlivable because of this stuff.

Bank of Dad
Nov. 25, 2009, 09:56 PM
We know of friends who's new homes in Fl. were built with this crap. Its an overwhelming problem for them, the builders, the material suppliers. Its like losing a 400,000 or more investment.