PDA

View Full Version : Need CHEWY/MOIST oatmeal cookie recipie ASAP!!

erinwillow
Nov. 25, 2009, 03:42 PM
Okay fine, I don't need a chewy/moist recipe:D. . I need a recipe that will give me CHEWY/MOIST cookies ;-) ANyone can help??

Guin
Nov. 25, 2009, 03:50 PM
The original recipe on the back of the Quaker Oats container is the best oatmeal cookie recipe in existence. If you want them on the softer side, bake them about 90 seconds less.

Here is a link to the recipe, but I don't know what that "transfat-free shortening" crap is. Use BUTTER - the kind that comes from a cow!!

http://www.quakeroats.com/cooking-and-recipes/content/recipes/recipe-detail.aspx?recipeId=461

Sudi's Girl
Nov. 25, 2009, 03:51 PM
I was going to say the same thing! My favorite is the recipe right off the oatmeal container! :D
Save some for me!!

kittykeno
Nov. 25, 2009, 03:53 PM
I use the standard oatmeal cookie recipe that comes on the Crisco Butter flavor shortening packaging. The trick to moisten cookies is to put them in a container or a large plastic ziplock bag and place a slice of bread in with the cookies overnight. I have no idea why this works but it does.

Susan P
Nov. 25, 2009, 03:54 PM
That sounds good to me, and when I USED to bake that was the best recipe. After all, they want to sell thier oatmeal, eh?

Oh and most definitely butter, real butter, like from a cow! LOL

The original recipe on the back of the Quaker Oats container is the best oatmeal cookie recipe in existence. If you want them on the softer side, bake them about 90 seconds less.

Here is a link to the recipe, but I don't know what that "transfat-free shortening" crap is. Use BUTTER - the kind that comes from a cow!!

http://www.quakeroats.com/cooking-and-recipes/content/recipes/recipe-detail.aspx?recipeId=461

erinwillow
Nov. 25, 2009, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the link Guin!! Admittedly, I have a box of "Great Value" oats w/out a recipe on back--eeep:eek: I'll get to baking and yes, butter from a cow is HANDS DOWN the bestus! :lol:

4Martini
Nov. 25, 2009, 04:00 PM
If you want them really moist - again I use the recipie on the canister. I subsitute 1/2 of the butter with apple sauce- seems to really fluff them up. They are more moist and fluffy though (I also use vegetable oil rather than butter for the remaining half.) But, I make dozens and eat them for breakfast :-) I also cut back on 1/2 of the white sugar to make them a little healthier for breakfast.

heatherny2
Nov. 25, 2009, 05:54 PM
I recently wanted to make oatmeal cookies, but all I had were the instant oatmeal packs (brown suger/cinnamon). I found a recipe online using the instant oatmeal and they came out delicious. I cooked a little under the alloted time so they came out nice and chewy.

knightrider
Nov. 25, 2009, 11:39 PM
oh wow...I have never heard of putting bread in with the cookies....thats a new trick for me to try! Thanks~!

rideagoldenpony
Nov. 25, 2009, 11:43 PM
If you use brown sugar instead of white sugar they will be chewey, moist and delicious! This works for chocolate chip cookies too -- though with those I use 2 parts brown sugar to 1 part white sugar.