PDA

View Full Version : We got a Wii!

Rebe
Nov. 25, 2009, 01:49 PM
Mr. Rebe has never been able to resist instant gratification, so we now have our "family" Christmas present sitting in the living room waiting to be set up - a Wii! He will spend tomorrow climbing behind the entertainment center with lots of cables and lots of cursing (while I am so very elsewhere).

As it is just the two of us grownups, what are the "must have" games? We are starting out with Sports Resort, Harry Potter, James Bond (Quantum of Solace) and WiiFit Plus. There are also a couple of light sabers sitting around, but I'm not sure just why (or why just now).

Who knows their Wii well?

Natalie A
Nov. 25, 2009, 01:57 PM
I got a Wii, too... except mine's sitting at my parents house since it's theoretically for my birthday next week. I just got WiiFit Plus, I think I want to get WiiMusic but I'm also looking for recommendations.

lizathenag
Nov. 25, 2009, 02:43 PM
I like the bowling. sadly I often fling my ball back into the crowd which makes a funny reaction from the crowd. . .

lcw579
Nov. 25, 2009, 02:48 PM
I know nothing of grown up games - I play with the kids..... But if you and/or your husband are the immature sort here are the ones I enjoy:

Mario Party games
Rayman Ravin Rabbids
Bombermanland
Animal Crossing - I'm totally addicted, if you like Farmtown I think you'll like this. I'm not on FB but sounds similar. If you get it and hook Wii up to the internet you can visit our town.
Hell's Kitchen - haven't played it yet but the older kids like it

Indy
Nov. 25, 2009, 02:51 PM
We just got ours too, but have been playing our old housemates' for a few years. These are the ones I'm most familiar with:

Mario Kart is a blast. Good group game.

Wii Music is pretty lame.

Wii Ski is okay, but not as fun as I had hoped

Mario/Sonic Summer Olympics is tons of fun (I want the Winter Olypics now)

Tiffany01
Nov. 25, 2009, 03:25 PM
I so want a Wii but I play at the office.

KateKat
Nov. 25, 2009, 03:27 PM
Mario Kart FOR SURE, and the new Super Mario Brothers is a blast too!

Lives2Jump
Nov. 25, 2009, 08:47 PM
Mario Kart is a must have, I have the new Super Mario Brothers game on my Christmas list!

I love how you can download the old school Super mario games onto the console.

drs
Nov. 25, 2009, 09:43 PM
The new super mario bros game, just came out couple of weeks ago. You can play upto 4 people at a time. Real fun if you like Mario.