PDA

View Full Version : okay, who else is stuck at work today and considering sneaking out early?!

caradino
Nov. 25, 2009, 01:30 PM
we asked for permission from the powers-that-be to leave at 2pm today instead of 5...

no word yet!

sigh...

BuddyRoo
Nov. 25, 2009, 01:31 PM
Me! But I have to tutor first. Bumped that up to 3 so I should be out of here by 5 instead of 7. :)

BoysNightOut
Nov. 25, 2009, 01:32 PM
I work 6am-2:30pm M-F...so I only have 1 hour left.

Buuut.....I work from home, so I can't complain. My dog is sitting at my feet as I type, waiting for "worktime" to end and "playtime" to begin. :)

MyGiantPony
Nov. 25, 2009, 01:33 PM
I'm leaving at 3:30. Come Hell or Highwater.

Twigster
Nov. 25, 2009, 01:34 PM
I am pretty sure I have been absolutely useless for the last hour and a half...

I am going to sneak out early though, get the horse a pedicure and go see New Moon :D

tle
Nov. 25, 2009, 01:38 PM
we just got word - 2 hours early. I was expecting 1 so I'm happy. Another hour to go!

PinkPonies
Nov. 25, 2009, 01:39 PM
I'm stuck at work... until 4:30. Its only 11:30. And the last hour felt like FOREVER. I was excited to just discover Off Topic Day - that should help!!

lovemyoldguy
Nov. 25, 2009, 01:39 PM
I'm working from home today (thank you, boss!) but our team is closing down shop at 2pm. I'm alternating between actual work and reading COTH....

SkipHiLad4me
Nov. 25, 2009, 01:45 PM
Ugh! Me!! I'm stuck here until 5pm though. Productivity is at an all time low.

Indy
Nov. 25, 2009, 01:45 PM
My goal is to leave by 3. I have to go get pies & rolls at the market, which closes at 6 and I want to get there before the pies are gone.

Of course, if I want to leave by 3, I should probably get off of COTH!

danceronice
Nov. 25, 2009, 01:49 PM
I've asked to leave a bit early, but I need to run to Wal-Mart and wire money to the hauler picking up my horse before I leave for vacation.

That's a legitimate excuse, I think.

mjrtango93
Nov. 25, 2009, 02:01 PM
I am at work, and as you can tell working dilligently on all that needs to be done. We are normal shift today so I have my normal 6-3, so just 3 hours left of "work" and I am about to go to lunch. I think there is a snowballs chance in hell of leaving early today.

I work Friday as well but a 6-12 shift. Can't complain since I volunteered for it. 8 hours of holiday pay, plus 4 hours of time and a half, and then 2 hours of double time. Can't beat that!

DieBlaueReiterin
Nov. 25, 2009, 02:14 PM
half hour til school's out. the kids are bouncing off the walls. they did work amazingly well for the first hour of the block though so i can't complain:D

KnKShowmom
Nov. 25, 2009, 02:26 PM
34 mins to go and counting - way past ready for a long weekend.

ValleyMiss
Nov. 25, 2009, 02:38 PM
I've got another hour to go. My boss was nice enough to give us the word yesterday about the early closing. Usually we don't find out until maybe and hour before. I will admit, I've pretty much just been reading COTH and playing on Facebook all day though.

relocatedTXjumpr
Nov. 25, 2009, 02:51 PM
Me Me me!!! I would love to sneak out early...most of the office staff has left...however...Monday will be the last day of the month and we will be slammed.

And, since I am in the billing department, I would rather get as much done today as I can so I can nail out all of the needed reporting, etc on Monday.

But, I may try and sneak out a few minutes early anyway!

tidy rabbit
Nov. 25, 2009, 02:52 PM
Me. The barn and the horses are just a few steps away. I'd sure rather be out there with them then in here .....

Sudi's Girl
Nov. 25, 2009, 02:56 PM
Me me me! But alas, I am here until 5! All of a sudden, life feels so unfair!
After all, I have ponies to get riding! :)

Crooked Horse
Nov. 25, 2009, 02:59 PM
Waah - I have to work until 6PM. Poor me! haha - glad to have a job so no real complaining!

SmartAlex
Nov. 25, 2009, 03:01 PM
Even with my customary long lunch "hour" when I side tracked to TSC for Dumors, I have pretty much accomplished what I need to have done for the end of the month.

One of the guys here in the office hit "reply to all" on one of his emails, and got 14 "Out of Office" messages back :lol:

Tazzie
Nov. 25, 2009, 03:08 PM
I wish I could leave early, I have errands to run.

I get off at 5 today, off tomorrow, work friday and saturday 8:30-5. Uggh.

tidy rabbit
Nov. 25, 2009, 04:35 PM
My work day is over! YAY for off topic day, that flew by!

Don't worry everybody, you'll all be off work in no time at all! Just keep on Off Topic-ing and the time will fly by!!!