PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else snowmobile?

Smiles
Nov. 25, 2009, 01:01 PM
Well the snow is not flying yet but I hope this year we finally get back to having a snowy snowmobile season. Where do you sled and what type of sled do you own.

sisu27
Nov. 25, 2009, 01:54 PM
I don't own one but I go when I am at my parents (Northern Ontario). It is FUN!! They are FAST!!! Formula 1 car acceleration anyone?? I thought it was a pursuit for hosers....and it is!!! But I don't care!

My dad gets a new Ski Doo Grand Touring every year and we have some other old Ski Doos. I now want my own machine even though I only get to go up north a few times a year. The trails up there are amazing, you can go for literally weeks on end when everything is frozen and we have enough snow. Pretty cool.

Do you ever do any Northern trips?

DLee
Nov. 25, 2009, 02:29 PM
Used to do it a lot when I lived in Idaho. We rode Polaris. I love to snowmachine through Yellowstone and places like that and see their beauty in the winter.
I'm not quite so big on going cross country, going really fast and climbing steep hills, and digging out of waist deep powder! It's much more of a workout than people think though, huh.

Leather
Nov. 25, 2009, 03:52 PM
My brother works for Polaris and one of the perks is that he gets the use of new snowmobiles each year. :cool:

Can't wait to try the new Polaris Rush this year, if it ever snows.

http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/snowmobiles/2010/Rush/Pages/Overview.aspx

I got a chance to go sledding up on the North Shore of Lake Superior (near Duluth MN) last year using his snowmobiles and it was awesome.

A major part of the snowmobiling experience is stopping at the local bars for "refueling." The majority of the people take matchy-matchy to a new level with their branded gear. I, however, cobbled together an outfit of a 15 year old ski jacket, motorcycle helmet and my winter barn boots.

When I'd walk into the bar people would give me a look like "WTF are you wearing, you hick!" Their attitude would quickly change when I'd go get on one of the newest/most expensive sleds in the parking lot. :lol:

Here I am in my redneck gear on the Dragon:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j115/jovianrider/IMG_1956.jpg

I would love to go out west to Wyoming/Montana.

Smiles
Nov. 26, 2009, 10:36 AM
A major part of the snowmobiling experience is stopping at the local bars for "refueling." The majority of the people take matchy-matchy to a new level with their branded gear. I, however, cobbled together an outfit of a 15 year old ski jacket, motorcycle helmet and my winter barn boots.

When I'd walk into the bar people would give me a look like "WTF are you wearing, you hick!" Their attitude would quickly change when I'd go get on one of the newest/most expensive sleds in the parking lot. :lol:.

This is so true. I've been riding my brother arctic cat but we ended up with a skidoo so now I'm like what am I going to do about cloths because damned if I'm going to buy skidoo crap just so I can "fit in" with the snowmobile crowd. I swear these people are worse then horse people. :lol: I was borrowing my sister in laws a.c. coat because my brother was like oh no you don't with your northface coat. :sigh: Yep the bar sceen is the it thing on the south end of superior too. I'm just hoping that the northwoods and the up get decent snow this year.