PDA

View Full Version : Pine Top 2-day format, what happens when?

jeano
Nov. 25, 2009, 12:31 PM
I only live about a forty-five minute drive from Pine Top Farm and am planning on going up Saturday to watch the fun. As a TOTAL novice even to spectating at combined training wonder would anyone please tell me what happens on the first day--I think I know that dressage is first, cross country second, jumping third, but if I get there late morning will I have missed the dressage, or conversely, will I not get to see any of the cross country unless I go up Sunday as well? Thanks so much.

EventingChase
Nov. 25, 2009, 12:33 PM
Pinetop will run dressage and showjumping on Sat. With show jumping starting 10:00 - 11:00 usually and x-country on Sunday! If you are going you should e-mail Janet about volunteering and get a free x-country school in return :)

scubed
Nov. 25, 2009, 12:36 PM
At Pine Top, dressage and Stadium will be on Saturday and cross-country on Sunday, so not in the "traditional" order. Dressage will start at 8:00 and run until somewhere between noon and three depending on how many rings and how many entries. Stadium jumping will start at 10 and go until sometime between 2 and 4, ditto. All cross-country will be on Sunday. You will be able to see when people are going here: http://eventingscores.com/pinetop/tht09/ once they post the ride times (sometime between now and Friday morning)

jeano
Nov. 25, 2009, 01:19 PM
Hey, thanks, guys, appreciate the info. Actually the stadium jumping is the thing I'll miss the least if I dont see it...Hmm, might have to make time to go back on Sunday, take in the cross country then. Or wait until spring and go back. Usually its easier for me to go places on Sunday, anyway, but my neighbor is joining me and church for her takes a big chunk out of the middle of the day.

Re: a free cross country school--Ha!-- no trailer, so I'd have to take my freebie on foot. Given that I am barely competent to stay on a horse popping over crossed rails or a log on a trail, probably the safest option!

Auto Be A Storm
Nov. 26, 2009, 09:22 AM
I have a friend who is riding there this weekend!!! Have a great time :)