PDA

View Full Version : Nice heart rate monitor suitable for eventers on Woot

deltawave
Nov. 25, 2009, 10:22 AM
www.woot.com (http://www.woot.com)

Nice heart rate monitor, great price, suitable for those trot sets and interval workouts. :)

Woot is one-day only, so if you're looking, go grab it.

Cody
Nov. 25, 2009, 11:08 AM
THANKS! I did exactly that and bought one. For that price I can afford to play with it. Have been wanting one for awhile, but just didn't have the $100 to spend.

Cody

FrittSkritt
Nov. 25, 2009, 12:37 PM
Also check bike (cycling) stores online... sometimes they have closeouts and free shipping. (Just in case they're all gone by the time someone reads this! :D)

Parker'sMom
Nov. 25, 2009, 12:51 PM
Is this meant for horse or rider?

deltawave
Nov. 25, 2009, 01:04 PM
Well, it's a human HR monitor, but easily adapted for equine use. :) Personally I don't give a hoot what MY heart rate does. ;)

gully's pilot
Nov. 25, 2009, 01:57 PM
Thanks, Deltawave! I've actually been wanting one of those. How do you suggest adapting it for equine use? Strapping it to the girth?

deltawave
Nov. 25, 2009, 02:00 PM
Yep. Take off the elastic part, and just vetrap the rubber/plastic "chest" piece to the inside of the girth, leaving the contact points against the skin. Works great. I used to strap the watch/receiver to my left stirrup since the reception was not as consistent if I wore it on my wrist. On the breastplate worked well, too, but I rarely used one of those for intervals.