PDA

View Full Version : In Which the FatPaintMare gets the OK to go back to work

FlightCheck
Nov. 23, 2009, 12:33 PM
On Friday, Mr Flight check took the FatPaintMare to her final vet appt at EMCO to re-check her check ligament.

She has been cleared to go "back to work", starting slowly of course.

So today for the first time since early July, we get to trot for 1 minute.

I am ecstatic!

RunForIt
Nov. 23, 2009, 12:35 PM
FANTASTIC!!!!! Have fun - those 1 minute trots will grow and grow! :cool:

BBowen
Nov. 23, 2009, 12:36 PM
FlightCheck - so very happy to hear this. Not so sure how the FPM will feel about it. Actually, she will probably be very happy.

Bensmom
Nov. 23, 2009, 01:31 PM
Hooray for the FPM!! :D That back to work release is sooooo nice! :yes:

Libby

scubed
Nov. 23, 2009, 01:58 PM
Yeah!! FPM may have been hoping for another month of hand grazing (lots), but this is great news!

Lori T
Nov. 23, 2009, 03:55 PM
Yeah! That is great news, Cindy!

One Star
Nov. 23, 2009, 05:02 PM
As RunForIt said, gradually those minutes will turn into longer stretches and you'll be back at it in no time!

So happy for you!!!

Kairoshorses
Nov. 23, 2009, 05:05 PM
Yippee! Just keep that voice warmed up as you ride...!

CookiePony
Nov. 23, 2009, 05:13 PM
Most Excellent! That's something to be thankful for. :cool:

FlightCheck
Nov. 23, 2009, 09:15 PM
*smacks self upside the head*

it would have been MUCH more successful if I had given the FatPaintMare the ACE prescribed for her...but by the time I decided this, I had already been ON for 15 minutes of our 30, blah, blah, blah.

But, I survived, I stayed in the tack, and tomorrow there will be ACE before tacking up...

and the ONE GOOD THING I taught the FatPaintMare 4 years ago - when I kick my feet out of the stirrups, you are to IMMEDIATLY HALT and STAND STILL.

That, at least, penetrated the in-season OHMYGOD SHESAIDTROT brain.

~slinking off to embarassment land now~

ksbadger
Nov. 23, 2009, 11:33 PM
Great news, Cindy! Sue & I will expect a full update with pix at the Annual Meeting.

CookiePony
Nov. 23, 2009, 11:35 PM
:lol: You know, I was going to remind you to get some Ace on board but I thought, "of course she'll remember to do that!" :winkgrin:

flutie1
Nov. 24, 2009, 08:31 AM
:lol: You know, I was going to remind you to get some Ace on board but I thought, "of course she'll remember to do that!" :winkgrin:

I had the same thought! Better living through chemistry!

BBowen
Nov. 24, 2009, 04:29 PM
OMG, glad you and the FPM both survived that first ride. Sounds like it was on the verge of being extremely exciting. Ace is definitely your friend along with the Advil. I like that -- feet out of the stirrups means stop.

FlightCheck
Nov. 24, 2009, 05:02 PM
Today was MUCH more successful with BetterLivingThroughChemistry.

She was still alert and forward,yes, but not jumping out of her skin because a leaf fell 4 pastures away.

:)