PDA

View Full Version : Devon Aire Nouvelle field boots

RnR
Nov. 23, 2009, 12:32 PM
Hey everyone, I have been doing some early Christmas shopping, for myself, haha! I own/owned the Devon Aire field boots, that were the fake pleather kind. Well, they ripped out cross country not too long ago, and I just haven't gotten around to ordering myself a new tall boot. I am on a low budget, so I've been even looking at used, but haven't had a ton of luck since apparently I've got weird proportions. I've seen some really good reviews on these Devon Aire Nouvelle boots. Any experiences?

I really wish I had an english tack store around here that carried them, because I HATE having to order blindly and hope that they fit. Most of all, I wish I could remember/read the size of my old Devon Aires, because although they ripped, they fit pretty well.

According to the size chart, it says I need a slim, but I really never thought my legs were that tiny? The largest part of my calf is about 12.5 inches. How would I go about measuring my old boots to see if they were a slim or medium? Do I slide a measuring tape in the inside of the boots, or is the calf measurement taken from the outside? I wear a foot size 7.

Here is the size chart:
http://www.devonaire.com/ladiesBoots.html

Thanks for any comments/help!

mypaintwattie
Nov. 23, 2009, 02:54 PM
I have an older pair that I picked up at a tack swap meet, they were hardly used and a steal of a deal! The leather is so buttery soft, and the slim calf fit me perfectly. They look like custom boots. They are wearing very well, I just switched them from show boots to everyday boots because I found a great pair of Ariat Crown Pros on ebay. I must say though, that mine are a little older, and I have heard that the new ones are not the same quality- much stiffer leather and poorer stitching and fit. I'd say if you can find a pair in a store then try them and see, but I would be hesitant to order from a catalogue and get a card-board stiff leather pair.

ShannonD
Nov. 23, 2009, 03:08 PM
If your calf is a 12.5, then the regular calf definitely will not fit you! My calf is closer to a 13.25 and I purchased a pair of the Nouvelles, 7.5 R. They are not only too wide, but too short too! I purchased a pair of the Hampton zips in a .5 size up as they are taller, and with a slim calf. They fit quite nicely, though they are a pain to break in. I'm now selling my brand new Nouvelles.

hldyrhrses
Nov. 23, 2009, 06:59 PM
I've used these boots for years. They are very durable, comfy, and break in pretty quickly. Sadly they changed their design recently and the lasted pair that I bought didn't fit as well, (but I did buy them without trying them on based on the old style.. so my fault.) The calf was slimmer then the old style. I love them though. I've only have one pair die prematurely and the sole came apart... but some duct tape and a pair of boot rubbers to cover up the tape... and that fixed them up for my day to day use. a great deal