PDA

View Full Version : Mikmar combo bit- what is your experience

TXnGA
Nov. 22, 2009, 07:01 PM
I was looking to start riding my horse in a german hackamore with a bit combo. My horse is, um lets say fairly strong but very sensitive! Have tried, and went well until he moved up, straight bar pellam, 3 ring w/ control lever noseband, myler combination bit, american gag and now....

just wanting to try this bit (it is on consignment b/c it is a 200$ bit that I wasn't about to just throw money out there).

what is your experience with this bit? Like? Dislike? recommend?

Shortstroke
Nov. 22, 2009, 09:07 PM
It has been a miracle bit for my horse. I use 2 reins with the pelham rein attached to the rope. My horse reponds to it with just the slightest pressure - I can just about wiggle my fingers. When I first got it, I used it whenever I jumped but now I switch it out. It really is a training bit - my horse is learning to wait which he never used to do and it is carrying over to his regular bit. It also helps with his balance around the turns and I've been able to control his outside shoulder which used to be almost impossible to do because he was so adept at popping it. I can't say enough good things about it and it was worth every penny and more! If you don't like it, you can always resell it.

tidy rabbit
Nov. 22, 2009, 09:13 PM
Fabulous bit.

GilbertsCreeksideAcres
Nov. 22, 2009, 09:56 PM
It has helped my tense, rushy, strong mare learn to drop her head and stretch down. I'm very pleased.