View Full Version : comments on anteres calfskin jumping saddle

Nov. 22, 2009, 10:09 AM
I've been thinking about a new saddle, and I had a chance to ride yesterday in an anteres calfskin monoflap with front and back blocks.

Wow, I loved it, I really felt secure in it. It's a lovely saddle, but quite an investment.

Any comments on this saddle? Is there a less expensive version? (I know you get what you pay for, but... gulp).

I've looked at some used ones, but I'd really like to have the blocks. Even the used ones are fairly expensive.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Nov. 22, 2009, 04:56 PM
I bought a Antares Hampton Classic last fall and love it! It has the blocks, is super comfortable and fits many horses. This is the first saddle that I have ridden in with blocks.

Nov. 22, 2009, 07:01 PM
Love mine dearly, and I am a "saddle hater" who tends to really dislike 95% of saddles at first. I loved the Antares the moment my butt met the seat and bought one (used) within a week.

You can find them used, try www.highendusedsaddles.com That's where I got mine. :yes:

Nov. 22, 2009, 07:20 PM
Mmmmmmm! Have had my Antares for 8 years. A lot has changed, but I still love that saddle. (I don' t have the monoflap.)

Save up and go for it.

Nov. 22, 2009, 08:35 PM