PDA

View Full Version : Small Brag!

piaffequeen
Nov. 22, 2009, 07:13 AM
Ok-just need to gloat(brag) about my boy Sam! I am cross posting from Dressage but since my boy is an ex Prelim Eventer-and his previous owner and students occasionally post-- We just did the Antares Show and we got a 63% (1st) in our Intro B test. He was such a ROCKSTAR! Even the judge really liked him and called him a solid citizen! Sam just babysat my butt and for the first time I felt really comfortable and safe in my dressage saddle. I admit I usually ride in a western saddle but I had so much fun! I asked Sam for a little more trot and he was like are ya sure?

My trainer Lynn got on him to do Training One and Sam was like Yeah! Of course he kept trying to convince Lynn that Training 1 was a CANTERING TEST..... she managed to convince him it wasn't:lol: They had a nice test and ended in 2nd with a 61.79.

Just to show how rock solid he is~during Lynn's warm up, a young horse who had been lunging bolted from the trainer and started running around the warmup area and Sam was just standing there with his eyes half way closed! He looked up and was like Jeez!

Sorry so long-but I love my guy and had the most fun at a show in a long time! Thanks Beth for giving me your special guy!:D

eventrider
Nov. 22, 2009, 07:40 PM
You guys looked fabulous yesterday! I would have never known he wasnt a young spry thing. Congrats!

piaffequeen
Nov. 24, 2009, 07:27 PM
You guys looked fabulous yesterday! I would have never known he wasnt a young spry thing. Congrats!

Thanks Christian-now comes the fun part-I have to do the training level tests now-no more Intro! :eek::eek::eek:

Kairoshorses
Nov. 24, 2009, 07:29 PM
Good for you BOTH! What a super guy! And good for you for appreciating him!

eventing addict
Nov. 26, 2009, 12:17 AM
Kim,

You are more than welcome!! I am so happy that he has a great home. Sorry I couldn't be there this weekend but the pictures were awesome! Thanks for sending them :D

-Beth