PDA

View Full Version : Anyone go to Kelly's Ford event

Eventer55
Nov. 20, 2009, 08:25 PM
I was wondering what the new fences were like and what the foooting was like as well. I wanted to go, but couldn't because of the rain.

Did they run the Baby novice around the field and use the water?

midnightride
Nov. 20, 2009, 09:33 PM
hey, totally didnt go because of all the rain, but a rider for a friend went with a few other horses and he said with was OK, muddy but not as bad (he had planed to maybe not do XC but did) I have not talked to him directly about the course/fences but do plan to go down and school if it ever stops raining....:confused:

piaffeprincess98
Nov. 21, 2009, 07:16 AM
I was there working with Gary and GRC, who put on the event. They added a ton of new BN and Elem. size fences. I think every level went through the water. The BN went towards the water first, then through the ravine and along the river in the second field. They did one new fence in the woods and finished over something in the second field.

The footing was churned up, but held up well considering all the rain we had. The footing is not the best anyway in the XC field, but it held up.

Eventer55
Nov. 21, 2009, 02:49 PM
I was hoping it went well, my husband and I sponsored a xc jump. I would have loved to have gone, but I have a very fresh tb who needs work every day and with the rain, well you know.

Next time I'm taking her to a friends indoor, so I can keep working her. I am planning on schooling there soon.

They should put the new fences on the web site.

midnightride
Nov. 21, 2009, 04:20 PM
I hope they can have more there, it is sooo close!!
I schooled there not long after they built the course, it has lots of room and could make a really nice place, plus being on a river bottom i bet the footing is nice in the summer!

GRCPHOTO
Nov. 22, 2009, 06:48 PM
Yes,
We ran and every one seemed to have a great time. The footing did hold up well for the amount of riders we had. Kudos to all the volunteers and everyone that helped us with our first attempt at organizing a Starter Trials. Sherry and the KF Equestrian center are a great groupe of people and if you want to school the course just call her at (540) 399-1779.

We are looking at doing 2 next year in April and November 2010. I hope to see everyone there. All of the photos have been uploaded and can be found at http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/thumbpage.aspx?e=5629989 Take a look at the Miscellaneous folder for photos of fences and volunteers too.

Gary and Amy (GRC Photo)

WNT
Nov. 22, 2009, 09:02 PM
I went and I was very happy to see the footing was great! Despite the rain we'd had, there was really only one slippery place that couldn't be avoided. The Novice course was fun, and for a first-time HT, it was very well run. Kudos to everyone!

midnightride
Nov. 22, 2009, 09:14 PM
Yes,
We ran and every one seemed to have a great time. The footing did hold up well for the amount of riders we had. Kudos to all the volunteers and everyone that helped us with our first attempt at organizing a Starter Trials. Sherry and the KF Equestrian center are a great groupe of people and if you want to school the course just call her at (540) 399-1779.

We are looking at doing 2 next year in April and November 2010. I hope to see everyone there. All of the photos have been uploaded and can be found at http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/thumbpage.aspx?e=5629989 Take a look at the Miscellaneous folder for photos of fences and volunteers too.

Gary and Amy (GRC Photo)

Sound great! Happy to support anyone looking to get more eventing going locally!!!! I am thrilled to hear the footing held up (Not sure my guy would behave after 3 days off- hate to make a bad appearance in public :lol: )
Look forward to more events there- and BIG plus- love you guys as the photographer!!!!! You ROCK!!!!!:D

mybelle
Nov. 23, 2009, 12:08 PM
We are looking at doing 2 next year in April and November 2010. I hope to see everyone there.

How exciting! Northern Va is getting another unrecognized HT. I feel so lucky to be here. Thanks GRC! If I can get a ride, I will definitely be there competing in 2010

starkissed
Nov. 23, 2009, 10:07 PM
I was sorry it rained for the event. I wanted to go, but couldn't go for other reasons, then it poured. But I am really glad they have more jumps! yay fun. I will definitely be schooling there in the coming months. I am only like 10 miles away so if anyone wants to meet up, let me know.

I don't like to school alone and I dont have anyone to go with! And I have a good horse who can give leads if anyone needs a greener one schooled!!

Eventer55
Nov. 24, 2009, 07:29 AM
I was sorry it rained for the event. I wanted to go, but couldn't go for other reasons, then it poured. But I am really glad they have more jumps! yay fun. I will definitely be schooling there in the coming months. I am only like 10 miles away so if anyone wants to meet up, let me know.

I don't like to school alone and I dont have anyone to go with! And I have a good horse who can give leads if anyone needs a greener one schooled!!

I go with a group schooling and lately a friend of mineand I are trying to get there. You're more than welcome to join us the next time. I'll post on the event forum niext time and see if we can get a group.

Don't forget Win Green , 1/2 hour down the road from Kelly's Ford. Win Green goes to prelim level.

starkissed
Nov. 24, 2009, 10:11 PM
oh yes, wingreen is great! Please do let me know!