PDA

View Full Version : Eventers looking for OTTBs in mid TN area

mcorbett
Nov. 20, 2009, 11:32 AM
Eventers are looking for OTTBs that might be near middle TN for the winter.

Looking for the usual suspect - young, sound, sane, 16 hands or bigger, gelding perfered but quiet mares OK.

Please PM me with any info! Thank you!

animaldoc
Nov. 20, 2009, 11:57 AM
New Vocations has a branch in Chattanooga I think, they might know where to look....

brightskyfarm
Nov. 20, 2009, 02:11 PM
http://www.thehorse.com/Horses/Available.aspx?breed=thoroughbred
This site lists tbs for free nationwide....

and of course, the canterusa.org site has many horses listed... some with prices, you'd have to talk to the trainer to see how firm.

good luck;)

brightskyfarm
Nov. 20, 2009, 02:19 PM
My mistake........ I should have clicked on your link before answsering ...
you are already connected with the canter group...and an entire website of their listings....
and Im sure you already know of the free list site for tb's...
no offense meant........ you are already well in the know !

maxxtrot
Nov. 20, 2009, 08:03 PM
not sure if i am close enough, but i have two that would fit your bill.

TKR
Nov. 20, 2009, 10:10 PM
I'm in central Alabama - breeding Thoroughbreds and crosses for the sportmarket and downsizing.
PennyG

LKF
Nov. 21, 2009, 07:05 AM
Come to Georgia. My farm is about 1.5 hours from Chattanooga. I've 2 TBs available for Eventing and many more horses at the track.

Louise
Nov. 21, 2009, 02:28 PM
Check with Mapleshade, also.

http://www.mapleshadefarm.net/

She always has some very nice horses, besides being a person who steps up to help horses in need when she can.

FatDinah
Nov. 21, 2009, 05:18 PM
Mapleshade has her prospects on sale and is offering to help buy straight from the track.
From the feedback on COTH on her and her horses, I would trust her to be honest and most interested in matching horses with their riders rather than profits.

maxxtrot
Nov. 21, 2009, 09:00 PM
i too sell ottb's. but i get them from the farms and owners here in town. some never raced, some just home from the track. i will also be more than happy to set anyone up with a trainer at a track that i know.i have some at my farm that are for resale that have some additional training away from the track. anywhere from 30- 60 days. one has been to a c.c course and was like yea whatever, the other is jumping around little fences and w/t/c with a swap.just sold one straight from the track in 3 days, he has already been c.c schooling at the water with the ponies and hoped over a couple of logs. i just love the find the tb's new homes and new jobs. i work for an equine vet here in town, so know a lot of the farm owners and trainers. margret is wonderful, she has a great eye for a horse!

mcorbett
Nov. 23, 2009, 10:20 AM
We are looking for cheap horses fresh off the track, around the $1k mark or less. I was hoping that some might be wintering a little closer to us.

Alagirl
Nov. 23, 2009, 10:44 AM
We are looking for cheap horses fresh off the track, around the $1k mark or less. I was hoping that some might be wintering a little closer to us.

:rolleyes: pool your money, head to Fingerlakes (or any other destination) grab a few and share the truck ride....

CANTER midatlantic has a few locations close by.