PDA

View Full Version : Jill Henneberg

atleventer
Nov. 19, 2009, 08:20 PM
I always thoroughly enjoyed watching Jill ride from Kentucky to the Olympics. Such a quiet rider. Always took her time with her horses. Was curious if she had any special horses coming along that will be aimed at the upper levels?

AppJumpr08
Nov. 19, 2009, 08:41 PM
She posts on here from time to time, maybe she'll chime in and let you know :)

PnkPanthr
Nov. 19, 2009, 09:23 PM
Curious as well. Jill rode with my trainer for a while. Kathy Adams from Flora Lea farm. I hope she does have some new horses coming a long!:)

LAZ
Nov. 19, 2009, 09:47 PM
She posts on here as Nirvana(oo2?). I also always loved watching her go on Nirvana.

nirvana002
Nov. 20, 2009, 12:02 AM
Thanks all for the inquiry. My mare is doing fantastic! Sonny and Martha Little have been nice enough to provide her with a home...with her pony boyfriend. It is wonderful to not have to worry about her, as she is cared for in such a wonderful manner that I could not do a better job myself! It is the first time I have been away from her in all of our years together, but she is a tough shipper and very sensitive to change, and I wanted her to have a stable environment while I traveled. I have had some great horses to ride over the past few years, but have been in the business to sell them..and I have taken great pride watching them go with thier current riders. I am hoping to start a country wide "tour" of teaching clinics next year. I love teaching and really making a difference, even if it is one thing that hits home to someone. I do have a few fantastic young horses right now and will be in Florida for Jan and Feb competing and teaching...and spending some quality time with my girl (nirvana). Again, thank you for asking...I especially enjoy when someone asks about GP (nirvana)...because she is what my whole life has been about...and I never forget that!!! She is my Tuner lune, luner lune, pruner prune...don't ask...it's between us girls! :)

Jill Henneberg

ezmissg
Nov. 20, 2009, 12:58 AM
A group of us in the Memphis area are EXTRAORDINARILY FORTUNATE to have Jill here with us. It's a blessing to have such a qualified trainer in a spot "off the beaten path". Big kudos to her for educating new riders to the sport and bringing higher levels of horsemanship to an area that has people so eager to learn.

If I might get on my soapbox for a minute -- so much of the safety conversation promotes the need for education, but I wonder if TPTB are too "insulated" to realize how hard it is for riders in some areas to obtain the education they want and need. Professional trainers have an easier time making a living in eventing-rich locales, so I applaud Jill (and others like her) who take the courageous moves to become ambassadors for the sport and promote educated horsemanship in general.

So, anyone in this neck of the woods who is interested in taking advantage of the opportunity to work with Jill? PM me and I'll give you her contact information!

BVEventing
Nov. 20, 2009, 01:49 PM
I am new to the forum and was going through the posts and the name caught my attention. Sorry to say I don't know of Jill but sounds like I should. Is she a current advanced level rider (I saw Rolex and Olympics mentioned) or was it a long time ago? The mention of clinics was in one of the posts too, where and when? Always looking for good clinics.

Hilary
Nov. 20, 2009, 01:51 PM
Jill was a member of '96 Olympic team in Atlanta.