PDA

View Full Version : Good For Me

Divine Comedy
Nov. 19, 2009, 04:52 PM
I was reading the article about Elisa Wallace winning the Stackhouse Saddle on the USEA website, and was shocked to hear that the winner of the Midsouth CCI* LF, Good For Me, had passed due to colic.

I placed third behind this pair at the long format, and had nothing but utmost respect for them. It is such an amazing feat to win this event, and it is such a tragedy that he passed so soon afterwards.

My condolences to rider and owner. R.I.P. Good For Me.

TrakEventer
Nov. 19, 2009, 05:33 PM
My sincerest condolences to Elisa and Lela. I know they thought the world of Goody. He will be greatly missed.

annikak
Nov. 19, 2009, 07:56 PM
How very difficult.... So sorry for all. There is nothing like knowing a horse you have done a FF CCI* is hurting. They give so much....

He was an amazing horse:cry::cry:

ohhthatgirl
Nov. 19, 2009, 09:46 PM
I knew Goody personally, and I cannot say enough good things about him. He was a phenomenal horse, great partner, and a real class act. It was such a wonderful thing to watch him and Elisa work together, and I was ecstatic when I heard they won Midsouth. So sorry to see such an awesome horse go... at least he's in greener pastures now.

LAZ
Nov. 19, 2009, 09:51 PM
Oh, that is a terrible shame! What a blow for Lela and his rider. I'm sure he will be sorely missed.

CookiePony
Nov. 20, 2009, 06:34 PM
So sorry to hear this-- I enjoyed reading about him in the COTH article about MidSouth. :(

austin
Nov. 20, 2009, 07:14 PM
I did not know Good For Me, but I know Elisa. she is the best with the TBs. Horses love her and trust her.

teamwallace
Nov. 24, 2009, 08:44 AM
Just want to thank everyone for their thoughts and support. Goody was such a special and talented horse, and I was so lucky to have some of my best rides on him. He is greatly missed.