PDA

View Full Version : West Coast Eventers

PhysicalForce
Nov. 18, 2009, 10:33 PM
I just heard through the grapevine that one of my old horses has been eventing through prelim on the west coast.

I am SO short on details, I do not even remember the name of the lady who bought him, but he is a 17hh dark bay/brown Thoroughbred gelding. His registered name is Louisiana Gin, he is 14. He is super super fancy and could jump the moon. I am hoping someone on here might know whoever is showing him nowdays.

JumpingBug
Nov. 18, 2009, 11:40 PM
did they change his name?

Calvincrowe
Nov. 19, 2009, 12:27 AM
West Coast is a big place--even if the event world is small out here. A few more details might narrow it down. Is he in CA or in the PNW?

PhysicalForce
Nov. 19, 2009, 12:34 AM
I would assume that he is in California, but I do not know for sure. I sold him about 8 years ago. He probably has a different show name now, because when I googled his name, I couldn't find anything.

Janet
Nov. 19, 2009, 06:46 AM
I would assume that he is in California, but I do not know for sure. I sold him about 8 years ago. He probably has a different show name now, because when I googled his name, I couldn't find anything.
Did you do a search on the USEA web site? That wouldn't neccessarily show up on Google.

Threedaydream
Nov. 19, 2009, 11:16 AM
Also check the USEF website, if he was competing through prelim, he would need at least a USEF Horse recording # and would be in their database.

PhysicalForce
Nov. 19, 2009, 12:26 PM
Well I just checked USEA and USEF and I couldn't find anything, so I am assuming they are showing him under a different name. Thats a bummer, I was really hoping to see how he was doing.

I so wished I could have gotten him when I was older. He was my move up horse for pony club, we got him fairly green and he was with a trainer the first year. He had a great attitude and packed me around on the flat, but he was too athletic for me at the time time (I was 11 or 12) and he jumped me out of the tack all the time and he GREW so much after we bought him he ended up being just too much for me even though he was a complete gentleman. If I had gotten him when I was 16 or 17 he would have been perfect, but sadly, thats not how it worked.

So I was just hoping I could see how he had panned out for someone able to work with his talent.

JumpingBug
Nov. 19, 2009, 11:10 PM
why do you think he is in california. we only have so many shows that run prelim so it would not be hard to figure out who he is... Do you know the name of rider or trainer?

PhysicalForce
Nov. 20, 2009, 06:34 AM
Well when I sold him, I sold him to an older dressage lady in northern Cali, so I am assuming he probably got resold and just thought he is probably still in Cali.