PDA

View Full Version : Rest in peace, Linda

retreadeventer
Nov. 18, 2009, 08:55 PM
I absolutely cannot believe it. Linda Reynolds is gone. I just read it.
While I cannot claim friendship beyond the last five years and there are many who knew her much longer and better -- she was still a wonderful person and I deeply respected her time and effort as treasurer of Area II. It is just stunning and I am wishing all the best and condolences to her family. I hope to attend the memorial. We've got pretty big shoes to fill here in Area II.

http://www.useventing.com/aboutus.php?id=2184

Long Spot
Nov. 18, 2009, 09:03 PM
Very very sad news. :no:

kcrubin
Nov. 18, 2009, 09:09 PM
I am shocked! Linda was always so kind and such a great part of our sport!

WakeRider
Nov. 18, 2009, 09:11 PM
I am so devastated to hear this news! :( I always enjoyed seeing Linda back home, she was such a HUGE part of the horse community. MCTA's horse trial and Area II just will not be the same without that fabulous woman! She always had just the right little remark to make anyone chuckle, regardless if you had a good ride or not. A true model of a good-natured horsewoman.

Miss you Linda! Thank you for being such a great inspiration to me growing up, and giving me the ride on Stoney when I needed him most! Rest in peace.

CookiePony
Nov. 18, 2009, 09:45 PM
How sad-- I met Linda and Walter in 2000 and they were lovely people. My sincere condolences.

ZEBE
Nov. 18, 2009, 09:55 PM
Oh.... I am so sad to hear this news. Dear Walter and family- our deepest condolences-- B and O King

canterlope
Nov. 19, 2009, 03:51 AM
Linda had the best smile and wasn't afraid to use it. She will be missed always.

mellsmom
Nov. 19, 2009, 08:24 AM
and we will miss her immeasurably! Such a grand lady she was. I am so sorry for her husband and family..... and all of us.

colliemom
Nov. 19, 2009, 12:13 PM
Linda was one of the most giving people I have met. When she could have easily walked away from the Area II Treasury position many times over the years, she continued on to provide continuity and training to the next Area Chair, and the next, and the next. She was organized, humble, and always had the perfect comment to make on any subject. It saddens me completely to think that someone so wonderful had so little time. It's just not fair. :sadsmile:

tarheelmd07
Nov. 20, 2009, 12:34 AM
Linda was one of the first horsewomen I met when I moved to maryland - she will be much missed.

GotSpots
Nov. 20, 2009, 10:54 AM
Eventing is nothing without its core of passionate volunteers. Linda exemplified that dedicated, thoughtful, generous volunteer who is the heart and soul of the sport. She gave hours and hours of her time to support and further the sport and its governance, always with a smile and an insightful comment. What a tremendous loss - and how lucky we all were to have had the benefit of her time, kindness, and joie de vivre.

Melzy
Nov. 20, 2009, 03:01 PM
I knew Linda from the Hunter/Jumper scene. Over the years, we judged at some of the same horse shows and sometimes she was my show steward. I remember how excited she was to show me her photo album of their Alaska vacation from the trunk of her SUV. It was interrupted by duties of measuring ponies and then we went back to the album. LOL For a small lady, she filled big shoes. I will miss her greatly. RIP, Linda. Sincere condolences to all her family and friends.

outrider1
Nov. 21, 2009, 09:04 PM
I’m very saddened this week after hearing of the death of Linda Reynolds. I had known Linda for nearly 20 years, and have always enjoyed her and looked up to her. She possessed so much energy and channeled it into the things she loved: the sport of eventing, fox hunting, and her husband Walter.

I last saw Linda at the Fair Hill International in October, and she expressed how much fun she and Walter were having in their retirement years, especially foxhunting on a regular basis. I envied her, living the life she so wanted to live without the bother of having to report to a job. This was one life that was cut short way too early. I will miss her, and I will never forget her. I believe that we never truly die if we are remembered by others the way I will remember her.

Firefox
Nov. 22, 2009, 09:06 PM
I had onley met Linda a few times but her love of hunting and eventing shown thru and she was always interested in what we were doing and how the hunting was going!!!!

bridlewise
Dec. 3, 2009, 12:18 PM
I had just recently heard of Linda's passing and was shocked and saddend. Though I had not seen them often since moving from Maryland, I always enjoyed running into Linda and Walter. Linda always had the most expressive smile, and her exhuberance when she would greet you, made you seem like you were the person she the most happy to see in all the world. It is a very sad story and such a loss to the horse world. Rest in Peace, Linda.

Pixie Dust
Dec. 20, 2009, 02:44 PM
I was so shocked when I heard about it. She was such a delightful person, and a joy to be around. She will be so missed. Condolences to Walter and her family.

Jumping_the_moon
Dec. 20, 2009, 03:14 PM
Oh my goodness! This is the first I heard! My sincerest condolences to her friends and family. So sad :(